Hi, welcome to Acepedia! Thanks for your edit to the User:Blahmarrow page.
Does anyone mind if I enter this wiki onto the wiki contest? The best wiki contest?Blahmarrow 01:42, December 15, 2010 (UTC)
Greatest Wiki Contest
Great! Thanks comrade.Blahmarrow 21:54, December 15, 2010 (UTC)
Mount Ivera page
I like tacos.Blahmarrow 00:44, June 26, 2011 (UTC)
Anonymous IPs and Republic of Joe
I won't authorize the start of a site war because it could affect the site's image and integrity, both in short and in long term. As well, I want this place to remain neutral in all conflicts, be it with Ace Combat Skies or anyone else.
Right now, I want to you trace all anonymous IPs making Gray's Anatomy-type articles then tell me which site do they come from. Once you identify the source, I'll contact Wikia staff, explain the situation to them and let them act. If the stronzos keep coming, I'll simply contact their source site via email and try to get a reply. If that fails... I don't know what are we gonna do to deal with the problem in a way so as to keep our good image & neutrality.
TL;DR Trace the IPs, inform me of their source, I contact Wikia and let them do the rest. Until then, do not, I repeat DO NOT take offensive action. Signing off, ProtoStealth 22:52, July 1, 2011 (UTC)
First, I don't see how these IPs (and thus their source site) are attacking us. If it was something like denial of service attacks and full-blown IP invasions then it would be an actual attack. Second, what happened at the L4D wiki? And finally, thank you for understanding my neutrality ideas. However, remember that if you're going to take action, you must make sure that it won't result in negative consequences for the site. ProtoStealth 23:42, July 1, 2011 (UTC)
L4D Wiki et al.
- sigh* Reading that page at L4DWiki, I'm already assuming that that is going to be your modus operandi for the site attack. Lest I forget, if you do attack the source of the IPs, DO NOT involve the site's administration. ProtoStealth 00:18, July 2, 2011 (UTC)
You're welcome and nice to meet you.
03:25, July 2, 2011 (UTC)
Thanks buddy, I've gotta sort out the problems from Yesterday's incident first though
00:27, July 8, 2011 (UTC)
I hate Twilight but I feel awful about the fact that the people at the Twilight Wiki are directing their anger at Acepedia. And there's the possibility that we'll be blocked from Acepedia.
BTW: You're now known by them as the Ace Combat Vandal
- Yellow 94
We're in hot water now
I have no idea how they found out, all I saw was that someone had followed one of us back to Acepedia.
PS: Will Proto be that pissed at us?
No I got blocked for a year.
- Yellow 94
00:40, July 8, 2011 (UTC)
Well hopefully they'll understand that and hopefully Proto won't block us. Now I regret even doing it.
- Yellow 94
00:45, July 8, 2011 (UTC)
Give me one minute...
Here's what I found
LT, may I question not so much your block of the Ace Combat IP but its duration? Being an IP, sooner or later the Ace Combat vandal will get another one and somebody unrelated to him may try to edit from it, and be prevented by your reaction to a long past vandal.
Personally, and if I'm still allowed to state my opinion, I'm in favor of rather short bans - less than three months. For IPs, well, the target is too shifty for bans to be effective, registered users who do it for the heck of it generally stop when they find that an admin won't stand for it, and lose interest fairly quickly. This leaves spambots (seen them in a few of the reasons for blocking you provided) and they may be worth longer bans. 184.108.40.206 16:58, July 7, 2011 (UTC)
Yeah, I didn't mean to give the IP an infinite ban like that, mostly for the reasons you stated -- thus has been changed. A year for those IP's probably is still too long, but at least it will expire at some point. I always struggle with how long a ban should be for when it's blatant trolling and vandalism. LuckyTimothy 16:22, July 7, 2011 (UTC)
- And on that note, I just had block another user for a year. I see your point; I suppose a compromise of 6 months isn't so bad. LuckyTimothy 17:13, July 7, 2011 (UTC)
- Yeah, it's probably harsh -- but I gotta believe this guy is just looking to cause trouble and vandalize pages. I've been admin/moderator on other type of sites -- non-wiki -- and I usually handed down shorter bans. With those sites though, the people wanted to be there and their bans usually consisted of breaking the Term of Service agreement, e.g. swearing, flamming, posting porn, etc. So when they came back they usually toed the company line and didn't cause trouble. I think I've only banned one or two people on here who were fans and they actually came back to be productive. Again, you are probably right about the lengthy bans; I just don't have patience for vandals, though. LuckyTimothy 21:42, July 7, 2011 (UTC)
- 17:14, July 7, 2011, LuckyTimothy (Talk | contribs) blocked 220.127.116.11 (Talk) (expires on January 7, 2012 at 17:14, anon. only, account creation blocked, cannot edit own talk page) (Inserting nonsense/gibberish into pages: Vandalism from Ace Combat users using an AU persona. )
- 17:14, July 7, 2011, LuckyTimothy (Talk | contribs) blocked 18.104.22.168 (Talk) (expires on January 7, 2012 at 17:14, anon. only, account creation blocked, cannot edit own talk page) (Removing content from pages: Followed spammer/troll to Ace Combat board, AU of User Blahmarrow)
- 15:42, July 7, 2011, Charmed-Jay (Talk | contribs) blocked #6266 (expires on July 8, 2011 at 15:42, account creation blocked) (Autoblocked because your IP address has been recently used by "Blahmarrow". The reason given for Blahmarrow's block is: "Inserting nonsense/gibberish into pages")
- 02:59, July 7, 2011, LuckyTimothy (Talk | contribs) blocked Yellow 94 (Talk | contribs) (expires on July 7, 2012 at 02:59, account creation blocked, cannot edit own talk page) (Inserting nonsense/gibberish into pages: So sad when little kids from the Ace Combat wiki have nothing better to do. )
- Hey I caught one of the spammer;s in Today's attack
Who is this? Admin of twilight? FYI: I'm not a little kid, and I could have done way worse, and this was NOT an attack from Acepedia. I got payed to do it from someone else.Blahmarrow 01:04, July 8, 2011 (UTC)
Yes it is from one of the Twilight Wiki admins
Who paid you to attack the wiki? Because it wasn't me.
A very good friend of mine, and that's all y
ou should know.Blahmarrow 01:12, July 8, 2011 (UTC)
So wait you didn't attack because of me?
I was joking when I said it.