- For the upgraded variation introduced in Ace Combat: Assault Horizon, see the article "AC-130U Spooky".
Ace Combat 5: The Unsung WarEditIn Ace Combat 5: The Unsung War, the AC-130 Spectre is a ground attack aircraft used by theYuktobanian military.
In the mission "Desert Arrow", two AC-130s appear in the proximity of the allied Viking Squadron as they make their way to the enemy headquarters. Another two to three units are featured in "Heartbreak One", where they attempt to attack Jack Bartlett's escaping convoy. In-game, it is identified simply as "AC-130".
The Spectre is classified as a heavy aircraft, meaning that it can endure three missile impacts before being destroyed. As well, it will occasionally fire its weapons at the player, and while this is very uncommon, their shots are very lethal especially on the higher difficulties, as the plane's weapons have more or less the same power as an AA emplacement or an enemy fighter's guns.
Ace Combat 6: Fires of LiberationEdit
A pair of gunships are seen attacking Emmerian ground forces in Ortara Airport in the mission "Anea Landing". Later on, a third Spectre is featured in the mission "The Moloch Desert", in which it conducts attacks on an Emmerian ground battalion invading an airport south of the map.
In gameplay, the AC-130 is a gunship, meaning that it is completely defenseless against aerial attacks. Its main strength lies in its armor, which provides it with higher than average defense.
- 2x 20mm M61 Vulcan cannon
- 1x 40mm (1.58 in) L/60 Bofors cannon
- 1x 105mm (4.13 in) M102 Howitzer
- Wingspan: 40.4m
- Weight: 55,520 kg
- Length: 29.8m
- Height: 11.7m
- Poweplant: 4x Allison T56 turboprops
- Maximum speed: 260 knots (300 mph, 480 km/h)
- Range: 2200 nm (2530 mi, 4070 km)
- Service ceiling:30,000 feet (9,100 m)