All right, gentlemen, it's time to clean house!
This article or section may require a cleanup to meet Acepedia's quality standards.
After radar technology advanced beyond the Apache's ability to evade it, it was apparent that another helicopter was needed. The Comanche II's fuselage is sleek with few sharp edes or square surfaces; this dramatically decreases radar return and increases aerodynamic performance. Concealable weapons further increase its survivability.
The Comanche II is small compared to other helicopters. Six feet shorter than the Apache and just over a foot wider than the Cobra, with smooth and angular surfaces along its entire length. Combined with a material used in the paint, and the fact that all its armaments can be concealed inside the main fuselage, help to make its signature on radar incredibly small.
- Dimensions (length, height, width): 46'4"x12'2"x9'7"
- Maximum Speed: 220 mph (484 kph; 183 knots)
- Maximum Range: 1090 miles (2398 km)
- Operational Ceiling: 10,000 feet (33,000 m)
- Powerplant: Two TF-77-R9 gas turbines
- Weight (empty, loaded): 14,700 lbs (6681 kg); 18,202 lbs (8273 kg)
- 3-barreled 20mm rotary cannon
- AIM-114 Hellfire II air-to-ground missile
- AIM-12 Stinger air-to-air missile
- Hydra 70mm rapid-fire folding-fin rocket
- 250-gallon fuel tank