Ace Combat 2
- Slash and Nagase, the flight lead and second-in-command respectively, of Ridgeback Squadron are taken from the callsigns of John Herbert and Kei Nagase.
- The XFA-27 returns as a playable aircraft.
Ace Combat 3: Electrosphere
- A diagram of ENSI cables plugged into the back of a woman's neck was seen during one of the game's trailers.
- The R-101 Delphinus #1 and X-49 Night Raven return as playable aircraft.
Ace Combat 04: Shattered Skies
- The Ulysses 1994XF04 returns as the 1986VG1 Ulysses, whose impact event on Earth is known as the Ulysses Disaster.
- Task Force 118 uses the same number as Mobius Squadron (118th Tactical Fighter Squadron).
- The X-02 Wyvern returns as a playable aircraft.
- AWACS Sky-Eye takes his name from AWACS SkyEye.
- Stonehenge returns, albeit with some changes:
- There are six facilities built on Earth rather than one.
- The facilities and the cannons themselves are notably larger, at least double the size of the original Stonehenge.
- There are three jammer towers in the center of each facility, rather than one small jamming facility.
- The explosion effects are visually upgraded, and look similar to the explosions of burst missiles.
- Stonehenge's attacks no longer "blanket" the sky above 2,000 feet. It seems to be safe to fly above 2,000 feet, but the unpredictability of where the shots will strike is still a problem at long range.
Ace Combat 5: The Unsung War
- The flag of the USEA Federation is a palette-swapped version of Osea's flag.
- A Scinfaxi-class submarine can spawn at random during Mission Updates.
- The ADF-01 FALKEN returns as a playable aircraft.
- The Strategic Orbital Linear Gun returns in Special Raids.
- A variant of the ADA-01A ADLER, an aircraft that was cut from the game during development, is available as a playable aircraft.
Ace Combat Zero: The Belkan War
- The ADFX-01 Morgan returns as a playable aircraft.
- One of the loading quotes, specifically from Goodfellow, directly mentions "three kinds of aces".
- Excalibur returns in Special Raids.
Ace Combat X: Skies of Deception
- The Fenrir returns as a playable aircraft with its name being retconned to "XFA-33 Fenrir".
Ace Combat 6: Fires of Liberation
- The entire Estovakian Aerial Fleet returns in Special Raids. An Aigaion-class heavy command cruiser also appears halfway through the Campaign.
- The CFA-44 Nosferatu returns as a playable aircraft.
Ace Combat: Joint Assault
- The GAF-1 Varcolac returns as a playable aircraft.
Ace Combat: Assault Horizon
- The ASF-X Shinden II returns as a playable aircraft.