Ace of Aces (or, alternatively, AoA) features five extremely difficult versions of levels taken from the single-player campaign. The missions themselves not only increase the number of enemies, but also includes moments and targets never seen before in their original versions (for example, mission #1 features the P-1112 Aigaion physically spearheading the assault on Gracemeria.) The missions also features several new "ace"-type enemies, such as fighters and even ground targets, most of them either alluding to legendary creatures or Romanian mythology, as is the case with "Ogre" and "Lamia", respectively. Due to the massive increase of enemy presence, any mission could take anywhere from fifteen minutes to half an hour to complete.
The Allied Support system has been revised in this mode, now implementing a new concept known as "Counter-Charge", which requires the player to fill the bar by destroying as many enemies as possible during a 60-second period. During this time, the player can earn allied NPCs to join the fight to be used for allied support only. The more you destroy (All enemies if able), the more allies you have, ranging from tanks, launchers, howitizers, AH-64's, AC-130's, etc.
There are five stages in total. Each page contains specific details on the featured changes.
- Invasion of Gracemeria: a variation of the campaign's introductory level. Defend Gracemeria from the invading Estovakian forces and stand your ground against the Aigaion and the Strigon Squadron. This time, Victor Voychek is flying the CFA-44 Nosferatu.
- Vitoze Aerial Defense: Protect the last standing bastion of Emmerian resistance from the Estovakian onslaught, with the appearance of the Gyges and some Typhoon Squadrons (Seiren and Lamia).
- Sipli Field: Shatter the Estovakian defensive perimeter at Sipli Field, with the appearance of six Strigon Squadron members flying CFA-44s.
- Khesed Island: Assault Bartolomeo Fortress and reclaim Khesed Island, with the appearance of the Aigaion, three Strigon Squadron members (including Pasternak, who is flying an Su-33) and the four surviving members of the Belkan Gault Squadron, who are flying Estovakians Su-47s.
- Heavy Command Cruiser: The closing mission of the DLC pack. Fight your way through a massive seafaring fleet and face the empowered Estovakian Aerial Fleet, being escorted by the Strigon Squadron, a lot of Rafale Ms, Ilya Pasternak (at the last part of the mission), and some aces like Mobius One, Gryphus One, Cipher, Blaze, Yellow 13, Yellow 4, Jean-Louis and Gene with Estovakian SP colors (except Blaze who is using an Estovakian normal paint).