- Not to be confused with Ace Combat 6 downloadable mission series Ace of Aces.
|Ace of Aces
Joint Assault Mission #6
|Ace Combat: Joint Assault Mission #23|
|Previous Mission||Operation X (Joint Assault)|
|Objective||Destroy all targets.|
|Player Character(s)||Antares One (player one)|
In this mission, the player (or players) must engage an increasingly difficult series of enemy aircraft over the eastern area of the Pacific Ocean. Between every nine aircraft, the player(s) will engage a particular ace pilot of the Ace Combat seres, starting with Su-37 "Storigon"(Strigon) from Ace Combat 6: Fires of Liberation. In total, there are 9 AI waves, and 10 Ace Combat aces (the mission targets) to engage.
Once players have finished the 9th wave, they will be engaged by the 100th and final target of the mission: a Typhoon marked "Phoenix" homaging the original Air Combat, complete with the EF-2000's original paintjob. Defeating Phoenix will conclude the mission.
Order of Aces:Edit
- Su-37 Storigon : Appears as the 20th aircraft.
- F-22A Gryphus 1: Appears as the 30th aircraft.
- F-15E Garm : Appears as the 40th aircraft.
- F-14D Wardog: Appears as the 50th aircraft.
- F-14D Zipang: Appears as the 51st aircraft after downing F-14D Wardog. Only appear if Wardog is defeated before the timer reach 20:00.
- Su-37 Yellow 13: Appears as the 60th aircraft.
- F-22A Mobius 1: Appears as the 70th aircraft.
- F-15S/MTD Dision: Appears as the 80th aircraft.
- Falken Z.O.E.: Appears as the 90th Aircraft.
- Typhoon Phoenix: Appears as the 100th Aircraft.
There are two aces that their names have been misspelled. For the example was Galm 1 and Strigon. They were misspelled as "Garm 1" and "Storigon". It is unknown if it was a mistake or it was intended by the producers for some reason.
The Galm and Strigon emblem in the emblem section was also misspelled in the same way.