- "It's them...They've dragged us all into this—the Wardog ghosts, the Ghosts of Razgriz."
- ― Major Allen C. Hamilton
Major Allen C. Hamilton (アレンC.ハミルトン Aren C. Hamiruton) was an Osean Air Defense Force officer and the adjutant base commander of Sand Island Air Force Base. He was also a member of the 596th Unit and a former member of the 8492nd Squadron. Hamilton possessed a cool demeanor and rarely fraternized with the airmen stationed at the base.
Hamilton was born in the Osean Federation in 1982. His uncle, who served in the Osean Army, inspired Hamilton to enlist in the armed forces and joined the Osean Air Defense Force. He was once assigned to the 8492nd Squadron, a covert OADF unit comprised of Osean and Belkan pilots. At some point, he became the adjutant base commander of Sand Island Air Force Base.
Main article: Circum-Pacific War
In September 2010, Hamilton retrieved reporter Albert Genette's camera after it was confiscated by base security; he was the first to inform Genette of Yuktobania's declaration of war against Osea. The next day, he "pulled a few strings" and assigned Genette to the Osean press corps.
After Wardog survived being ambushed over the Vladimir Mountains, the Grey Men exploited Hamilton's connections to the 8492nd and convinced Perrault that Wardog's members were traitors. Kei Nagase, upon learning of his allegiance, knocked Hamilton unconscious and escaped before he could apprehend her and Blaze. All of Wardog, alongside Pops, Genette, and Kirk, managed to escape Sand Island in commandeered training jets. Hamilton, having regained consciousness, sent out a bulletin to all Osean aircraft ordering them to shoot down Wardog on sight. The 8492nd Squadron later located the fugitives, and Hamilton gave clearance to engage. Following the 8492nd's failure to track Wardog through the volcanic Solo Islands, Captain Marcus Snow, arriving from the OFS Kestrel, questioned the shoot-down order, and Hamilton reaffirmed it. Snow shot down all of the pilots, "confirming" them as KIA.
Main article: Battle of Sudentor
On December 30, Hamilton, flying a MiG-1.44, joined the militant Osean forces at Sudentor in a battle for the last Belkan tactical nuclear weapon. Upon discovering Razgriz Squadron was in the airspace, he ordered all aircraft to concentrate fire on them. When the Razgriz entered the tunnel facility to destroy the SOLG's control modules, Hamilton pursued and continued to fire upon them. He was ultimately hit by a ricocheting aircraft that had followed Jack Bartlett in from the other end, killing him instantly.
- A common misconception is that Hamilton is of Belkan descent. However, no evidence from either official media or Ace Combat 5: The Unsung War itself is available to support this theory. In fact, certain lines during "ACES" indicate that he was of Osean nationality and quite patriotic towards the country, as were most Osean warmongers in that battle.
- During his introduction in "ACES", Hamilton says, "We're going to put an end to all wars once and for all!" In a way, this could show he had similar ideals to those of A World With No Boundaries, who aimed for world peace through the removal of superficial national borders.
- Ripped audio files from Ace Combat 5 reveal that, at one point during development, the player was able to get on Hamilton's 6 o'clock, implying the ability to shoot him down. Hamilton also has an unused death scream.
- Hamilton's death is a possible reference to the defeat of Darth Vader in the first Star Wars film, in which his TIE Advanced x1 is struck by one of his own wingmen while trying to evade Han Solo.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 ACES, Ace Combat 5: The Unsung War.
- ↑ WORLD / OSEAN FED / A.C. Hamilton, ACES WEB. Published February 29, 2004. Retrieved August 29, 2016.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Cutscene 04, Ace Combat 5: The Unsung War.
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 Cutscene 18, Ace Combat 5: The Unsung War.
- ↑ Cutscene 10, Ace Combat 5: The Unsung War.
- ↑ Final Option, Ace Combat 5: The Unsung War.
- ↑ Ending cutscene, ACES, Ace Combat 5: The Unsung War.
- ↑ Ace Combat 5: The Unsung War Voice Clips. Timestamp: 3:25:47. YouTube. Uploaded by Skohix on February 19, 2016.