First Lieutenant Anthony "Bedivere" Palmer (アンソニー"ベディヴィア"パーマー Ansonī· "Bedivu~ia" Pāmā) an ace pilot of the Osean Air Defense Force in command of Sorcerer Flight of the 32nd Tactical Fighter Squadron during the Belkan War in 1995.
A recognized ace of the Allied Forces, he defected on June 6, 1995. He joined the radical terrorist organization known as A World With No Boundaries, being believed that he was one of the founding members of the group.
- "When I was in the military, they called me an ace too"
- ― Anthony Palmer in his interview talking about his period in the military forces during the war
Anthony Palmer joined the Osean Air Defense Force in the 80's reaching quickly the rank of 1st Lieutenant for his high performance. He was one of the first pilots in being sent to the front lines when the Belkan War started, alongside with the rest of his unit, fighting the vast majority of time over Area B7R, known as the Round Table, taking part in Operation Battle Axe on May 29 when his unit and him engaged several enemy aircraft alongside with other allied squadrons including the 6th Tactical Fighter Squadron.
He disappeared with his squadron members without leave a trace in June 6 during Operation Ravage and is also believed that he founded the organization A World With No Boundaries with his fellow pilot Joshua Bristow that was in the same unit that him and also the mercenary Larry Foulke alongside with several others that reappeared after the peace accords to fight the Allied Forces. Palmer was last seen in combat during Operation Thunderbolt in the New Year's Eve of 1995 where he intercepted and engaged the mercenary Galm Team over the "Round Table" , resulting in a defeat for him and his companions after being shot down by the ace pilot Cipher.
He managed to survive and evade martial court and became an insurance salesman back in his hometown, Oured, being interviewed in 2005 by the reporter Brett Thompson for his documentary, Warriors and the Belkan War.
- "Target Confirmed. Sorcerer 1 to all planes. Apply full thrust. Don't even think about heading back."
- "So you're the Demon Lord. I've been waiting for this."
- "The battle to re-line borders has moved to the meeting boardroom."
- "Those lines will give birth to new conflict."
- "I'm a resident of the World With No Boundaries and I will eliminate the false hero."
- "Forget we outnumber them."
- "A World With No Boundaries aligns itself with no country. We are humanity's ideal army."
- "Its time for a perfect world without restrictions or wars."
- "He's going to destroy everything. The Demon Lord's just as good as they say."
- "All planes, if your going down, drag him down with you!"
- "The King who sleeps in Avalon will become the new hero."
- ""Demon Lord" was right. Everything he touched fell apart. I thought I was watching magic. When I was in the military, they called me an ace, too. I got medals for my actions on numerous battlefields. I'd never felt fear towards an opponent. The same for my ideals. I wasn't afraid to take on an entire country. But when I was fighting him, something felt different. At first I didn't know what it was. It wasn't until I noticed my hands shaking on the flight stick that I realised... it was fear. It's embarrassing, but once I felt that, I couldnt fly anymore. I felt guilt towards my companions at the time. There's always a war somewhere and I'm sure he's on some battlefield somewhere fighting even now. He'll always have a place to live."
- ― Palmer about his experience and fight to Cipher
- In the English language version of Ace Combat Zero, Palmer has the same voice actor as Marcus Snow in Ace Combat 5: The Unsung War, though the two characters have no in-game relationship. This resemblance is particularly noticeable when Palmer makes his speech during Galm Team's attack on Avalon Dam when playing the mission in the Knight ace style or during Galm Team's duel on Area B7R when playing the mission in the Mercenary ace style
- The name "Bedivere" is a reference to Arthurian legend, where Sir Bedivere is a Knight of the Round Table who returns Excalibur to the Lady of the Lake.
- There are two known persons known as Anthony Palmer in real life. One is a living retired British Officer and the other was a Crimean War veteran who is known for being a recipient of the Victoria Cross.