- "That beast rains missiles. That's some serious shit."
- ― Clown
The Arsenal Bird is a class of aerial warship that can carry up to 80 MQ-101 UAVs. Multiple Arsenal Birds were developed by the Osean Federation to defend the International Space Elevator.
The Arsenal Birds are massive, supposedly unmanned aircraft with the capability to carry up to 80 MQ-101s at one time. When these drones are launched, they are dropped from their holds in the aircraft's wings, flipping over and extending their wings to take flight. Arsenal Birds also launch numerous Air-to-Air Missiles against any hostile aircraft that is within close range. Instead of jet engines, Arsenal Birds utilize large contra-rotating propellers for thrust, which can provide long endurance. The Arsenal Birds have a defensive system that first projects a large halo before generating a force field around them to destroy missiles and other aircraft that are caught in the field.
The Arsenal Birds were developed sometime in the 2010s by the Osean Army to defend and support the International Space Elevator. Two aircraft are known to have been deployed, Liberty and Justice, with the former being a prototype and the latter being a production variant.
During the Lighthouse War, following Erusea's capture of the space elevator, the Arsenal Birds fell under their control as well. The Arsenal Bird Liberty was directly used against Osean forces over the Chopinburg Rainforest early in the conflict.
- The Arsenal Birds were referred to as "FAS" in 2015 promotions for Ace Combat 7.
- An Osean pilot used the nickname "Big Baby Huey" to refer to an Arsenal Bird.
- The Arsenal Birds resemble the Northrop YB-35 with its flying-wing design and rear-facing contra-rotating propellers.
- ↑ File:Ace Combat 7 Skies Unknown - New Years Showcase Trailer.
- ↑ File:Ace Combat 7 Skies Unknown - E3 2017 Trailer.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 File:Ace Combat 7 Skies Unknown - E3 2017 Demo Gameplay.
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 『エースコンバット7』開発陣インタビュー完全版！ 「3つの軸を追求します」. Famitsu. Published December 17, 2015. Retrieved December 19, 2015.
- ↑ File:Ace Combat 7 - Announcement Trailer.
- ↑ 
- ↑ Two-pronged Strategy, Ace Combat 7: Skies Unknown.
- ↑ PS4 Exclusive Ace Combat 7 Gets First Awesome 4K Screenshots and Information. DualShockers. Published December 5, 2015. Retrieved December 5, 2015. The file featuring the FAS has "FAS" in its filename. The "01" is used by other images in the same article, which means there is no secondary "-01" designation.