- "That beast rains missiles. That's some serious shit."
- ― Clown
The Arsenal Birds are massive, supposedly unmanned aircraft with the capability to carry up to 80 MQ-101s at one time. When these drones are launched, they are dropped from their holds in the aircraft's wings, flipping over and extending their wings to take flight. Arsenal Birds are also equipped with anti-air missile launchers on the dorsal wing surfaces and pulse laser turrets on the ventral wing surfaces. For long range engagements, they can launch a "Helios" missile, which is an airburst type warhead effective against aircraft. Instead of jet engines, Arsenal Birds utilize large contra-rotating electric propellers for thrust, which can provide long endurance.
The Arsenal Birds are equipped with a Microwave Powered Dome that first projects a large halo before generating a force field around them to destroy missiles and other aircraft that are caught in the field. This field is powered by microwave energy from the Lighthouse.
The Arsenal Birds were developed sometime in the 2010s by the Osean Army to defend and support the International Space Elevator. Two units were developed, Liberty and Justice, with the former being a prototype and the latter being a production variant. Both Arsenal Birds are resupplied by supply aircraft launched from the Tyler Island Mass Driver.
During the Lighthouse War, following Erusea's capture of the space elevator, the Arsenal Birds fell under their control as well. The Arsenal Bird Liberty was directly used against Osean forces over the Chopinburg Rainforest early in the conflict.
- The Arsenal Birds were referred to as "FAS" in 2015 promotions for Ace Combat 7.
- Golem one used the nickname "Big Baby Huey" to refer to an Arsenal Bird in mission 3.
- The Arsenal Birds resemble the Northrop YB-35 with its flying-wing design and rear-facing contra-rotating propellers.
- ↑ File:Ace Combat 7 Skies Unknown - New Years Showcase Trailer.
- ↑ File:Ace Combat 7 Skies Unknown - E3 2017 Trailer.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 File:Ace Combat 7 Skies Unknown - E3 2017 Demo Gameplay.
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 『エースコンバット7』開発陣インタビュー完全版！ 「3つの軸を追求します」. Famitsu. Published December 17, 2015. Retrieved December 19, 2015.
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 File:Ace Combat 7 Skies Unknown - PS4 XB1 PC - Arsenal Bird Trailer.
- ↑ 
- ↑ Two-pronged Strategy, Ace Combat 7: Skies Unknown.
- ↑ PS4 Exclusive Ace Combat 7 Gets First Awesome 4K Screenshots and Information. DualShockers. Published December 5, 2015. Retrieved December 5, 2015. The file featuring the FAS has "FAS" in its filename. The "01" is used by other images in the same article, which means there is no secondary "-01" designation.