Before the two planes take off, capture both of them in one shot. Got it?
This article or section may require more images or images of better quality.
- This article is about an in-game mission. For the in-universe event, see Operation Hunting Hawk.
We've discovered the Erusians are transporting a large quantity of strategic supplies and rapid deployment troops into Comberth Harbor. Comberth appears to be the staging area for an attack on North Point. The Aegir Fleet stationed here, seems to be the centerpiece of this strike. If the Erusians complete their troop preparations and the Aegir Fleet sets sail, this will bring about our defeat in this war. Your mission is to intercept and shoot down the enemy transport planes in and around Comberth Harbor. Let's show them how vulnerable they are. Be advised, the transport aircraft have ECMs onboard that emit powerful jamming signals. sic] Rely on visual contact rather than radar!
The mission's primary targets are three C-17 cargo planes, which are under the protection of two E-767 electronic warfare aircraft. The jamming equipment aboard the E-767s does not prevent missile lock—instead, it obscures the radar signatures of the cargo aircraft, which forces the player to visual search for them. It is strongly recommended that the player destroys the jammer aircraft first, thereby exposing the C-17s and their escort fighters.
An S rank is achieved in the mission by destroying all enemy targets, which includes the transports, jammer aircraft and escort fighters.
Main article: Ace Combat 04: Shattered Skies/Aces
- Mirage 2000C Rigaux — Located north of the closest E-767 at the start of the mission (only in Free Mission or SP New Game → Normal or higher)
The mission was a success. This Erusian air corridor has been effectively shut down.
- The mission briefing contains a mistranslation. The English briefing seems to imply that the transports and the jammers are the same aircraft, which is not true. The Japanese briefing clearly differentiates between the transports and jammers as two separate aircraft.
- Windmills can be found at ground level within the mission airspace. If the player shoots at them, AWACS SkyEye will order the player to cease firing, which normally occurs if the player attacks friendly aircraft or ground units. Given their location within Erusian-occupied territory, it is likely that they are civilian windmills.
- SkyEye will always congratulate the player for destroying the transports without any radar, even if the player destroys the jammers before shooting down the transports.
- Like the other forms of radar jamming present in Ace Combat 04, the jamming mechanic encountered in this mission (i.e. covering the radar signatures but not preventing lock on) is not seen again in the rest of the game. It later appears in Ace Combat Zero: The Belkan War.