Estovakia was a nation engulfed in economic strife following the Ulysses 1994XF04 planetfall. The event caused significant damage to its economy and infrestructure, sparked the Estovakian Civil War, and ultimately dissolved any future plans for the Republic of Anea Initiative; an initiative that aimed to unite all the Anean countries into a single nation.
It was governed by a military regime following the civil war in 2013, and this government ruled until mid 2016, when it was overthrown by a coup d'etat due to civillian displeasure with the ongoing Emmeria-Estovakia War. The newly established government would shortly afterwards restore peaceful relations with Emmeria.
In 1970, Estovakia established relations with Belka and Yuktobania, who became the main suppliers of weapons for its armed forces. In the 1990s, the local economy achieved a high level of activity. A major refinery in the northeast of the country owned by the Oil Resource Development Corporation was abandoned under unknown circumstances in 1990, and remained abandoned for the rest of the decade.
Main article: 1994XF04 Ulysses
Following the Federation of Central Usea's announcement that the Ulysses 1994XF04 asteroid would impact Anea, on account of the lack of asteroid defense weapons such as Stonehenge in Usea, Estovakia began a program to develop its own weapon system. Despite making steady progress, the late announcement resulted in the Chandelier not being completed in time, leaving the nation defenseless. Many asteroid fragments would fall onto the country. The resulting damage devastated the nation and its economy, making it one of the worst affected by the disaster. The capital of the country also lost its status following the impact.
Estovakian Civil War
In 2000, neighboring Emmeria launched a humanitarian aid campaign with NGO groups to assist in Estovakia's reconstruction efforts. The following loss of government control across the country birthed armed factions that controlled its regions, the largest of which, the Lyes United Front, seized the former capital and west Estovakia in April 2007, becoming its de facto government. The faction's repression of opposition to its regime caused the Estovakian Civil War after mass deaths caused by aid deprivation to the city of Gledina, inciting the Eastern Faction and their rivals to rise in arms against them. The war ended five years later with the Faction's victory on account of the "Aerial Fleet Initiative" conceived by commander Gustav Dvornik and Belkan defector Lorenz Riedel, who created the P-1112 Aigaion and its escort airships.
Following the civil war's end, various members of the Eastern Faction and their allies formed a new government helmed by The Generals, a military junta of high-ranking army officers that included Dvornik himself as Supreme Commander of the Estovakian armed forces. The post-war era was marked by separatist movements and guerrilla attacks from LUF remnants against the new government, one of which claimed the life of Foreign Minister Isaac Arensky in late 2013. This triggered fears of tension between the country's various armed groups. Emmerian soldiers on humanitarian missions were also targeted by the LUF, leading to the death of 28 soldiers and aid workers on the region of Vistoc in February 2014.
Main article: Emmeria-Estovakia War
We've still got some work for you, too, so don't slack off now.
This article or section is a stub. You can help by expanding it.
The aftermath of the civil war saw the rise of negative sentiments towards Emmeria; who many saw as an instigator of the conflict by continuing to provide aid support to the Lyes United Front. Tensions further escaled during a conference held between the two countries. The situation led the Generals to declare war against Emmeria on August 30, 2015, triggering the Emmeria-Estovakia War. The overwhelming firepower of the Aigaion was used to conquer the city of Gracemeria and force the majority of the Emmerian military to flee to the western Khesed Island, gaining control of mainland Anea in that year.
Probable Real World Counterpart
- Eastern Bloc countries: There are many distinguishing cultural similarities, such as prodominant Russian and Romanian names, accents, and references. Specifically the former Socialist Federal Republic of Yugoslavia and its successor states; most Estovakians have Serbo-Croatian names and the history and geography of the nation parallel that of Yugoslavia (economic trouble followed by civil war). The standard combat fighter jet used by the elite Strigon team, the Su-33, was developed by the Soviet Union. The name Strigon is a reference to the Strigoi, or undead vampires of Romanian Mythology. Also, the Emmerian nickname for Estovakia, "Stovies", is an anagram for "Soviets"
- ↑ もっと詳しく ACE6 -- 戦闘エリア紹介. Retrieved on 23 March 2018.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 Cutscene - Realization, Ace Combat 6: Fires of Liberation
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 3.3 3.4 The Emmerian Chronicle
- ↑ Cutscene - A Brand New Day, Ace Combat 6: Fires of Liberation
- ↑ Ace Combat 6: Fires of Liberation
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 FRONT LINE Special Issue: The Aerial Fleet
- ↑ Invasion of Gracemeria, Ace Combat 6: Fires of Liberation