The F-14A Tomcat is a twin engine, two-seat, variable geometry carrier-based fighter aircraft developed by Grumman Aerospace Corporation.
During the Second Usean Continental War, the F-14A was operated by Erusea and certain member-states of the ISAF's Navy. A particular operator of the aircraft was the Mobius Squadron, which employed such jets in carrier operations through the course of the war.
F-14As were operated by the Yuktobanian Navy and the Osean Maritime Defense Force, and were commonly deployed during the attacks on Osea and the invasion of Yuktobania in the Circum-Pacific War. Various squadrons operating from aircraft carriers as the OFS Kestrel, including Marcus Snow's VFA-206 launched in defensive missions during the attack on Port St. Hewlett and the maritime retreat to the Eaglin Straits, where many of them were destroyed by the Scinfaxi's ballistic missile attack.
Yuktobanian Tomcats were among the escorts of the cargo aircraft involved in the exodus from southern Yuktobania after the seizure of the Bastok Peninsula. Towards the end of the conflict, abandoned F-14As from the Kestrel's deceased flight crews were obtained by the Wardog Squadron, becoming their flagship aircraft as the Razgriz Squadron during their campaign against the Grey Men.
In the Ace Combat Infinity universe, the F-14A Tomcat design was acquired by Wernher and Noah Enterprises following the Ulysses Disaster and was later mass-produced by the company's Advanced Automated Aviation Plant systems along with the advanced Super Tomcat. The model produced by the company was a hybridized model with Super Tomcat features, adopting the AN/AAS-42 IRST pod and the AAX-1 TV tracking system - never used by actual -A models - while omitting the supersonic glove vanes of early-model aircraft.
Ace Combat Infinity
- "A large, carrier-based fighter intended to take over from the F-4 as principle fleet air defense. It has variable wings that can automatically change angle even during flight, allowing for both high speed capabilities in high speed ranges and high maneuverability in low speed ranges. It is also equipped with long range missiles that can shoot down incoming enemies over a considerable distance. Known as the "Tomcat"."
- ― Hangar
Credit Price Calculator
The calculator below shows the total credit price to upgrade this aircraft between any two levels. Enable "NSU Form" if a Nonstandard Upgrade Request Form will be used to negate the Lv.5->Lv.6 price. The total will update automatically.
These are the minimum / maximum part slots this aircraft carries at the respective levels. Part slots can be added until they reach maximum by repeatedly sortieing with the aircraft; see Tuning for more information. A maximum of 7 parts can be equipped at any time, regardless of available slots.
|BODY / Max||ARMS / Max||MISC / Max|
|Lv.1-5||14 / 38||14 / 38||14 / 38|
|Lv.6-14||16 / 40||16 / 40||16 / 40|
|Lv.15-19||17 / 41||17 / 41||17 / 41|
|Lv.20||18 / 42||18 / 42||18 / 42|
Upgrading this aircraft to these levels will unlock the respective nicknames for use at any time.
- Lv.3: Cat's Eyes
- Lv.10: Variable Wing Devotee
- Lv.15: Wildcat's Master
- Lv.20: Immortal
- Air superiority gray
- Dark gray/Brown/Yellow-black camouflage
- Limited-Time Drop (June 5–July 1, 2014)
- Purchase from the Special Supply catalogue for 100 (April 15, 2016–permanent)
- Black, blue, and purple variation of "AC" Skin #01
- Special Challenges
Ace Combat 5: The Unsung War
- "Large carrier-based air superiority fighter, known as the "Tomcat". Its variable sweep wing adjusts automatically to provide excellent mobility at both high and low speeds."
- ― Hangar description
- Complete "Lit Fuse". Costs $47,450 per aircraft.
- Speed: 68
- Mobility: 46
- Stability: 56
- Defense: 59
- Air-to-Air: 72
- Air-to-Ground: 26
- OS: Air superiority gray with OMDF markings.
- RZ: Razgriz black.
- YK: Desert camouflage.
Ace Combat 04: Shattered Skies
- "Carrier-based air superiority fighter. This jet can attack multiple targets simultaneously."
- ― Hangar description
- Complete "Invincible Fleet". Costs $188,000.
- Speed: Medium
- Air-to-Air: Above Average
- Air-to-Ground: Above Average
- Mobility: Average
- Stability: Average
- Defense: Average
- Standard: Air superiority gray body.
- Erusea: Multitone blue splinter camouflage. Livery used by adversary F-14s of the United States Naval Strike and Air Warfare Center.
- Special: Black body with white wing leading edge and low-vis emblem of Red Baron character from Sky Kid. Costs $244,000.
- NAMED ACES
- Levy (Invincible Fleet)
Ace Combat 2
- Power: High
- Defense: Medium-High
- Mobility: Medium
- Stability: Above Average
- Climbing Ability: Above Average
- Air to Air Combat: Above Average
- Ground Attack: Medium-High
- MSSL x72
- Ally: Gray body with black and yellow wing edges.
- FRND: Purple body with orange and black wing edges.
- Enemy Type A: Solid blue-gray body.
- Enemy Type B: Black fuselage with red stabilizer spots.
- NAMED ACES
- Z.O.E Captain (Sledgehammer)
- The Erusian F-14A color scheme is a replica color scheme of the F-14A from the US Navy NSAWC (Naval Strike and Air Warfare Center).
- The Osean F-14A color scheme is a replica color scheme of the F-14A from the US Navy's VF-84 "Jolly Rogers".
- The Yuktobanian F-14A color scheme is a replica color scheme of the Iranian Air Force's F-14A.
- The F-14A Tomcat in Infinity is a possible reference to the real-life upgrade on a number of actual -A models into the F-14D Super Tomcat configuration, hence the appearance of the aircraft. However, said upgrade completely turns the A models into D models, with the newer AN/APG-71 and the GE F110 engines. The F-14A in Infinity on the other hand looked like a D model configuration with the TF30 engine instead of the F110.