|Real-world origin||United States of America|
|AC installments||Ace Combat (Air Combat)
Ace Combat 2
Ace Combat 04: Shattered Skies
Ace Combat 5: The Unsung War
Ace Combat Zero: The Belkan War
Ace Combat: Assault Horizon
|Primary operator||Osean Air Defense Force
United States Air Force
Independent State Allied Forces
|Secondary operators||Belkan Air Force
Federal Erusean Air Force
Special Tactical Fighter Squadron "Scarface"
Ustio Air Force
Yuktobanian Air Force
A World With No Boundaries (Only in use by Pixy.)
|Plane variant(s)||F-15E Strike Eagle
F-15 Eagle family
The F-15 Eagle is an all-weather, extremely maneuverable, tactical fighter designed to gain and maintain air superiority in aerial combat. Also of note, it is the first United States Air Force fighter aircraft developed specifically for air-to-air combat since the F-86 Sabre designed in 1947. It is supplemented by the next generation F-22A Raptor. It is among the fastest Ace Combat planes.
The Eagle's air superiority is achieved through a mixture of unprecedented maneuverability and acceleration, range, weapons and avionics. It can penetrate enemy defense and outperform and outfight any current enemy aircraft. The F-15 has electronic systems and weaponry to detect, acquire, track and attack enemy aircraft while operating in friendly or enemy-controlled airspace. The Eagle can be armed with the AIM-7F/M Sparrow or AIM-120A/B/C AMRAAM (Advanced Medium Range Air-to-Air Missile) radar guided missiles on its lower fuselage corners, with AIM-9L/M Sidewinder or AIM-120 missiles on two pylons under the wings, and an internal M61A1 Vulcan 20mm Gatling gun in the right wing root. The weapons and flight control systems are designed so one person can safely and effectively perform air-to-air combat. The F-15 holds the world record of 104 enemy aircraft destroyed with no F-15 losses. Over half of the kills were achieved by Israeli F-15 pilots, the rest by U.S pilots and at least one by a Saudi Arabian pilot.
- Joe (STFS/AC)
- Tuttle (FEAF/AC4)
- Elch (Moose) (BAF/ACZ)
- Ibis (BAF/ACZ)
- Mondlicht (Moonlight) (BAF/ACZ)
- UAF 6th AD, 66th AFU "Galm" Team (UAF/ACZ)
- José Gutierrez, 108th Task Force (USAF/AC:AH)
- Dagger Squadron (USAF/AC:AH)
Ace Combat: Assault HorizonEdit
- USAF: Standard grey drab with LN tail code.
- USAF: Blue camouflage, 64th Aggressor Squadron, WA tail code.
- USAF: Black and white stipes.
- UAF: Cipher paint scheme from Ace Combat Zero: The Belkan War.
- UAF: Solo Wing Pixy paint scheme from Ace Combat Zero: The Belkan War.
- USAF: Death Rider.
- USAF: Patriot.
- JASDF : White dragon.
- Gun: 1x 20mm M61A1 Vulcan Cannon
- Missiles: 2x AIM-9M Sidewinder
- QAAM: AIM-9X Sidewinder (ACZ)
- SAAM: AIM-7M Sparrow (AC5, ACAH)
- UGBL: Mk.84 2000 lb Bomb (ACZ)
- UGBM: Mk.83 1000 lb Bomb (AC4)
- XMAA: AIM-120B AMRAAM (ACZ)
- XMAA: AIM-120C AMRAAM (AC4)
- 4AAM: AIM-120C-7 AMRAAM (ACAH)
- Stability: 20
- Defense: 90
- Offense: 100
- Power: 90
- Mobility: 50
Ace Combat 5/ZeroEdit
- Speed: 83
- Mobility: 54
- Stability: 61
- Defense: 60
- Air-to-Air: 73
- Air-to-Ground: 37
- Su-27 Flanker
- EF-2000 Typhoon
- Rafale C
- F-14A Tomcat
- Tornado F3
- MiG-29A Fulcrum
- MiG-31 Foxhound
- F/A-18C Hornet
- It is interesting that the F-15C can carry Mk.84 bombs in ACZ and AC4, since most F-15Cs cannot carry bombs or air to ground weapons in real life (unless jury-rigged, Israeli F-15A/B/C/D Baz models are capable of dropping 2000 lb or 500 lb bombs in case of an emergency). However, the F-15E Strike Eagle, a two-seat ground attack version of the Eagle, can carry bombs and ground attack munitions. Even more ironic, the F-15C in AC04 can only carry 16 XMAAs, whilst the F-15E can carry 20. Despite of the fact that the F-15C is the air superiority variant, while the F-15E is the attacker variant of the F-15.
- The starting paint scheme for the F-15C in Ace Combat 04 is very similar to Cipher's paint scheme in Ace Combat Zero.
- Unlockable paint scheme looks like Pixy's paint with the right wing painted red.
- Also there`s a special paint scheme for the F-15E Strike Eagle in Ace Combat X2: Joint Assault similar to Cipher`s paint scheme except the blue spots are light blue.
- Off note is that the F-15C paint scheme in AC04 is an exact duplicate of one of the Japan Air Self Defense Force F-15DJ aggressor squadron paint-schemes, with the only difference being in the plane in which the scheme was applied; AC04 had it applied in the F-15C,which is a single-seater, whilst the JASDF had theirs on the F-15DJ, which is a double-seater. This scheme in its slightly modified form would be reused for Cipher's F-15C Standard paint scheme in ACZ.
- Originally the F-15C Eagle was supposed to use the EG tailcode for the 33rd Fighter Wing (based at Eglin AFB) in Florida, but for unknown reasons, this was changed to LN for the 48th Fighter Wing (based at RAF Lakenheath) in the UK in the final game.
- If you notice on the F-15C's Solo WIng Pixy paint scheme, the underpart of the right wing has no red paint, aside from the top part of the wing.
|F-* Line of Aircraft in the Ace Combat series|
|Lockheed Martin||F-2A Viper Zero • F-16XL • F-16C Fighting Falcon • F-16F Fighting Falcon F-16C Block 60 • F-22A Raptor • FB-22 Strike Raptor • F-35B Lightning II • F-35C Lightning II • F-117A Nighthawk|
|Northrop Grumman||F-5E Tiger II • F-14A Tomcat (Bombcat | Super Tomcat) • F-20A Tigershark • F6F Hellcat|
|McDonnell Douglas||F-15C Eagle • F-15E Strike Eagle • F-15S/MTD • F-4E Phantom II • F-4G Phantom II Wild Weasel • F-4X •|
F/A-18C Hornet (18D Hornet | 18E Super Hornet | 18F Super Hornet)
|Fictional||F-16XF Gyrfalcon • F-16XA Sakerfalcon • F-22C Raptor II • F-A Stealth Fighter • F-C Talon • F-E Talon II • F-G Hawk • F-H Hunter II • FZ-23 Stinger • F/A-18U Hornet ADV • F/A-18I Hornet • F/A-32C Erne|