|Aircraft Role||Air superiority fighter|
|Operators||Usean Rebel Force|
|Named Aces||Zone of Endless General|
|Appearances||Ace Combat 2|
The F-15S is a modified F-15 Eagle unit from the Strangereal world.
The F-15S was a rare combat aircraft developed from the F-15S/MTD in the late 20th century. One of the most advanced Eagle variants produced, it employed canards from the S/MTD in conjunction with wings, tailplanes and engines derived from the YF-22 Lightning II, making it as maneuverable and agile as either but lightly increasing its loaded takeoff weight. Despite its origin, it was a single-seater, in the vein of the F-15C Eagle.
In the 1990s, a handful of F-15Ss were owned by air forces of Usea, while a lone unit was outfitted with artificial intelligence systems by Gründer Industries as part of the Zone of Endless project. During the 1997 Usean Coup, two elite squadrons used them to defend Saint Ark, and later Fortress Intolerance. Gründer's "General" unit was also part of the Saint Ark defense force, but was destroyed by Phoenix.
- NO DATA
- NO DATA
- TECHNICAL INFORMATION
- Span: 13.05m
- Length: 19.43m
- Height: 5.63m
- Total weight: 20,244-30,845 kgs.
- Ally: Light purple with white trim stripes.
- FRND: Lime green with white trim stripes.
- Enemy Type A: Deep blue with stripes and emblems.
- Enemy Type B: Air superiority gray.
- The F-15S is based on a fictional Japan Air Self-Defense Force adaptation of the F-15S/MTD from the 1993 Mamoru Oshii anime film Patlabor: The Movie 2. Coincidentally, said aircraft was created by Macross creator Shoji Kawamori, who would later design the ASF-X Shinden II in Ace Combat: Assault Horizon.
- The F-15S is one of the first original aircraft designs of the Ace Combat, the second after the XB-10. However, it is replaced by the conventional F-15S/MTD in Ace Combat: Assault Horizon Legacy, making its existence non-canon outside the pre-Legacy continuity.