The F-15S is a modified F-15 Eagle unit from the Strangereal world.
During the Usean Continental War, Usean Rebel Forces sent two elite squadrons of F-15S to defend Saint Ark. Later this type of aircraft was used during URF's last stand at Fortress Intolerance. A Z.O.E. "General" unit was also part of the Saint Ark defense force, but was destroyed by Phoenix.
Ace Combat 2
- "An F-15 with thrust deflection nozzles and canard wings, used as a testing machine for air combat maneuverability research. Because it proved itself extraordinary during tests, it was chosen to be deployed in actual combat."
- ― NamCollection description
How to Unlock
- Power: High
- Defense: Medium
- Mobility: Medium-High
- Stability: Medium-High
- Climbing Ability: Maximum
- Air to Air Combat: High
- Ground Attack: High
- MSSL x80
- Ally: Light purple with white trim stripes.
- FRND: Lime green with white trim stripes.
- Enemy Type A: Deep blue with stripes and emblems.
- Enemy Type B: Air superiority gray.
- The F-15S is based on a fictional Japan Air Self-Defense Force adaptation of the F-15S/MTD from the 1993 Mamoru Oshii anime film Patlabor: The Movie 2. Coincidentally, said aircraft was created by Macross creator Shoji Kawamori, who would later design the ASF-X Shinden II in Ace Combat: Assault Horizon.
- The F-15S is one of the first original aircraft designs of the Ace Combat series, along with the XB-10 and XFA-27. However, it is replaced by the conventional F-15 S/MTD in Ace Combat: Assault Horizon Legacy, making its existence non-canon outside the pre-Legacy continuity.