The F-16C -Windhover- is a Special aircraft depicting the F-16C Fighting Falcon of Daniel Pollini, the leader of Emmeria's Windhover Squadron. It was first released in Ace Combat 6: Fires of Liberation as a downloadable paint scheme with DLC Pack #02 at the price of $2.49 (200 MSP, pre-MSP retirement). It was later featured in Ace Combat Infinity as a Special Aircraft.
Ace Combat Infinity
- "A special version of the F-16C based on the aircraft flown by "Windhover Squadron" that fought alongside Garuda Squadron to resist the invasion of a neighboring nation. It is characterized by a wide variety of special weapons, allowing adaption to many different missions. It also features extremely high turning capabilities at the cost of slightly reduced stability. It is an aircraft worthy of the epic tales of the captain who lead the squadron, a passionate man yet always capable of calm and reasoned judgement."
- ― Hangar
How to Unlock
- This aircraft was only available to the top 3,000 participants in the "[Back Again!] Fires of Liberation Online Co-Op Missions Ranking Tournament in late September 2015 to early October 2015
- This aircraft was provided to players at Lv.5 already researching into Lv.6. Previous levels were available when creating an Aircraft Set, but did not need to be researched or purchased.
- Lv. Cap Increase Request Forms were required to unlock Lv.16 and each level afterward, one per level. Credits and research were also required for each level as usual.
Credit Price Calculator
The calculator below shows the total credit price to upgrade this aircraft between any two levels. Enable "NSU Form" if a Nonstandard Upgrade Request Form was used to negate the Lv.5->Lv.6 price. The total will update automatically.
These are the minimum / maximum part slots this aircraft carried at the respective levels. Part slots could be added until they reach maximum by repeatedly sortieing with the aircraft; see Tuning for more information. A maximum of 7 parts could be equipped at any time, regardless of available slots.
|BODY / Max||ARMS / Max||MISC / Max|
|Lv.1-5||24 / 38||24 / 38||24 / 38|
|Lv.6-14||26 / 40||26 / 40||26 / 40|
|Lv.15-19||27 / 41||27 / 41||27 / 41|
|Lv.20||28 / 42||28 / 42||28 / 42|
Upgrading this aircraft to Level 20 unlocked the Warmaker nickname for use at any time.
- Default: Daniel Pollini livery; gray body with a black cockpit, vertical tail, and leading edges with Emmerian roundels
Ace Combat 6: Fires of Liberation
- The aircraft is displayed as F-16C -HISTORIC WINDHOVER-.
- The F-16C -HISTORIC WINDHOVER- is the second available F-16C Fighting Falcon variant, after the F-16C -SCARFACE EMBLEM-. As implied, it is modeled after the personal Falcon flown by Daniel "Windhover" Pollini, one of the player's main allies in the single-player campaign. In appearance, the aircraft resembles the standard Emmerian F-16C, with the inclusion of a black and red trim surrounding the canopy, the wingtips and the vertical stabilizer. The tail is painted black and features Windhover's personal emblem.
- In performance, the WINDHOVER sacrifices armor and stability for the sake of upgraded air-to-air and speed parameters. As with the CFA-44 Nosferatu, if a "High-G" is activated, it won't cease until the player stops maneuvering. The plane's weapons payload remains unaffected.
- In Ace Combat Infinity, this aircraft's in-game description is currently the same one used for the F-15E -Shamrock- . The correct description for this aircraft can be found on the F/A-18F -Avalanche- .