|F-4G Phantom II Wild Weasel|
|Appearances||Ace Combat 5|
The F-4G Phantom II, also known as the F-4G "Advanced Wild Weasel," was the last of the USAF's dedicated Suppression of Enemy Air Defense (SEAD) aircraft.
The prototype F-4G first flew on December 6, 1975 and the aircraft entered service in 1978. The F-4G entered service to replace the F-105F/G "Wild Weasel" Thunderchief (which replaced the F-100F "Wild Weasel" Super Sabre). Most of the F-4Gs in service were conversions of old USAF F-4E airframes (some of which had seen service in Vietnam). The conversion involved the removal of the gun for the installation of the AN/APR-38 radar warning and homing receiver which has 52 antennas in the airframe. The main weapons of the F-4G are specialized Anti-Radiation Missiles (ARMs) for the destruction of enemy radar sites. These missiles include the AGM-45 Shrike, AGM-78 Standard ARM, and the AGM-88 HARM. The F-4G can also carry AGM-65 Mavericks and for self-defense: a pair of AIM-9 Sidewinders and an AN/ALQ-119 jamming pod. The F-4G's last hurrah was in the Gulf War of 1990-91, and the last of the type were retired in 1995 due to Pentagon budget cuts. This ended over 30 years of Phantom II service with the USAF. The F-4G is being replaced by the F-16C Fighting Falcon equipped with HARMs and HARM targeting pods.
- Jack Bartlett / OADF (AC5)
- Mindripper / YAF (AC5)
- Gun: 2x GPU-5/A 30mm Gun Pods
- Standard Missile: AIM-9M Sidewinder
- LAGM: AGM-88 HARM
- Speed: 63
- Mobility: 25
- Stability: 55
- Defense: 68
- Air-to-Air: 17
- Air-to-Ground: 63
Ace Combat InfinityEdit
- This air-to-ground attack aircraft is an improved version of the F-4E Phantom II which has been developed to carry out SEAD (Suppression of Enemy Air Defense) missions. It features the same mobility as the F-4E, but can also be equipped with air-to-ground missiles. It is known as the legendary "Wild Weasel" and has received high recognition for its performance during the Gulf War.
Please note that each consecutive aircraft level improves on all of the aircraft's statistics, even if the letter grade doesn't change.
- Long-Range Air-to-Ground Missile AGM-88 HARM
- Unguided Bomb 1000 lb Mk.83
- 4 Target Air-to-Ground Missile AGM-65 Maverick
- F-4G "Blue Camo" Skin
- "Aircraft of the World"
- Ace Combat series
- Global Security.org
- Fighter Planes.com
- Federation of American Scientists Military Analysis Network