The F/A-18F Super Hornet is a carrier-capable fighter aircraft manufactured by Boeing. The latest in the F/A-18 Hornet family, it is a dual seat variant of the F/A-18E Super Hornet featuring a number of hardware updates, such as smart weaponry and engine upgrades. The Navy uses it an Interceptor and Strike fighter, leaving most other roles to the single-seat version.
Ace Combat 6: Fires of LiberationEdit
- "The F/A-18F achieves superb handling while maintaining nearly flawless stability. The combined payload capacity of air-to-ground and air-to-air SP weapons and missiles promise increased battle performance. With the capability to quickly adjust to the conditions of virtually any battlefield, the F/A-18F is a true multirole aircraft."
- ―In-game menu description.
|F/A-18F Super Hornet|
Complete "Siege on Silvat"
SAAM / SOD/ XAGM / ECMP
The F/A-18F Super Hornet is a Multirole-type aircraft in Ace Combat 6: Fires of Liberation. The first aircraft of its type in the game, it is employed by Estovakian and Emmerian armed forces alike through the course of the campaign mode.
The Super Hornet is unlocked as a reward for finishing "Siege on Silvat". It is fighter aircraft with generally average statistics, having strong engines, fine mobility, good anti-air/ground abilities and relatively sturdy defense. In addition, it has good maneuverability, Living up to the aircraft's reputation, it is highly versatile, and can fight all types of enemies in the battlefield with ease.
The aircraft is compatible with the Electronic Counter Measure Pod (ECMP) weapon for defensive purposes, and can be equipped with Semi-Active Air-to-Air Missile, SODs and mutli-target AGM-65s. Due to its stability at low speeds, a Hornet with SAAMs can be used as a long-range attack platform to snipe enemy planes from a distance, specially in competitive online gameplay.
- Dama (EAF)
- Incubus Squadron (EAF)
- 2nd Strike Fighter Squadron "Avalanche" (REAF/REN)
- Emmeria: Plain gray camouflage.
- Estovakia: Unknown.
- Estovakia SP: F-18 HARV livery.
Ace Combat: Assault HorizonEdit
- "Whether it's air-to-air or air-to-ground, this carrier-based fighter is capable of handling a wide variety of missions. An easy-to-handle aircraft that boasts stable maneuverability at any speed. Equipped with long-range attack weapons, it's well-suited for preemptive attacks. Nicknamed the "Super Hornet"."
- ―Menu description.
|F/A-18F Super Hornet|
Start of "Spooky"
SAAM / ECMP / LAGM
The F/A-18F Super Hornet is the first multirole aircraft featured in Ace Combat: Assault Horizon. It was first revealed as a playable aircraft in the 2011 "The Shark" trailer. In the plot of the game, it is primarily used by the Warwolf Squadron in the campaign mission "Blue on Blue".
The Super Hornet is first made available at the beginning of the fourth level, "Spooky". As a playable aircraft, its performance vastly exceeds that achieved by starter-level aircraft, being much faster and maneuverable. In addition, it has relatively tough armor, and is notably stable in mid-air. In the hands of an skilled pilot, the F/A-18F can hold its ground against higher ranked fighters introduced in the second half of the game's campaign, as well as in online gameplay.
The aircraft can be outfitted with the Electronic Countermeasure weapon to upgrade its survivability in the battlefield, in addition to providing protection against missiles to nearby allies in online gameplay. Alternatively, it can use SAAMs or LAGMs.
- Color 1: Basic gray color.
- Color 2: Black and gray camouflage.
- Color 3: High Alpha Research Vehicle livery.
- In Assault Horizon, the gold trim of Color 3 can be colored, although its color is not available in the selectable palette, and is simply represented as the darkest shade of black. If changed, it cannot be re-selected. The only way to restore its color is to erase the custom paint scheme and start anew.
|F-* Line of Aircraft in the Ace Combat series|
|Lockheed Martin||F-2A Viper Zero • F-16XL • F-16C Fighting Falcon • F-16F Fighting Falcon F-16C Block 60 • F-22A Raptor • FB-22 Strike Raptor • F-35B Lightning II • F-35C Lightning II • F-117A Nighthawk|
|Northrop Grumman||F-5E Tiger II • F-14A Tomcat (Bombcat | Super Tomcat) • F-20A Tigershark • F6F Hellcat|
|McDonnell Douglas||F-15C Eagle • F-15E Strike Eagle • F-15S/MTD • F-4E Phantom II • F-4G Phantom II Wild Weasel • F-4X •|
F/A-18C Hornet (18D Hornet | 18E Super Hornet | 18F Super Hornet)
|Fictional||F-16XF Gyrfalcon • F-16XA Sakerfalcon • F-22C Raptor II • F-A Stealth Fighter • F-C Talon • F-E Talon II • F-G Hawk • F-H Hunter II • FZ-23 Stinger • F/A-18U Hornet ADV • F/A-18I Hornet • F/A-32C Erne|