It is unknown to what extent the Federal Erusian Navy was active during the early stages of the war between Erusea and the Independent State Allied Forces. Regardless, the Aegir Fleet's reputation appeared to dissuade the ISAF from confronting the fleet head-on with its own naval forces. However, after attempts to bomb ISAF's GHQ failed, the Aegir Fleet was deployed to spearhead the invasion of North Point and bring about Erusea's total victory. The Aegir Fleet left the Erusian capital, Farbanti, on the west coast and made port at Comberth Harbor sometime before November 7, 2004. Erusian naval command scheduled the fleet to quickly refuel and resupply before making its way up the east coast to North Point.
However, ISAF squadrons interdicted the fleet's resupply convoys and destroyed a petrochemical complex that was the fleet's only fuel source. The Erusian military lost a stockpile of five million barrels of crude oil, and the Aegir vessels were effectively immobilized within Comberth Harbor. Erusea's plans to invade North Point were indefinitely stalled, and the fleet was ordered to await further attempts to rearm and launch.
On November 23, ISAF launched a surprise air raid on Comberth with the goal of sinking the Aegir Fleet while it lay at anchor. The damage and casualties were immense: all of the fleet's major vessels were either irreparably damaged or completely sunk, and the lost of manpower and reserve supplies was an equally costly blow. After the loss of its "invincible" fleet, the FEN lost its grip on the waters around Usea, and the ISAF Navy would begin to take a more active role in future ISAF operations.
When the ISAF attempted to retake Istas Fortress in southern Usea, FEN gunboats patrolled the deep inland waterways around the fortress and defended the facility. Once again, ISAF squadrons inflicted heavy damage of the Erusian forces, and the FEN lost several submarines stationed at the fortress's underground submarine docks.
By September 2005, the ISAF had pushed the Erusians back to their capital and laid siege to the city. A FEN battleship crew, in an act of desperation, ran the ship aground near Silver Bridge and opened fire on the ISAF tanks that attempted to cross it. To the north, an Erusian destroyer positioned itself near Johnson Memorial Bridge in order to secure the airspace around the Erusian reinforcements' route. One of the remaining Erusian submarines positioned itself between the submerged buildings in Farbanti's flooded municipal district. The Erusian warships attempted to bombard the advancing allied ground units, but were ultimately sunk by ISAF fighters during the siege. ISAF would accept Erusea's unconditional surrender later that day.
In 2006, following Erusea's reestablishment of its government, a number of the Federal Erusian Navy's surviving assets, including an aircraft carrier, joined the militant group known as "Free Erusea" and staged an uprising against the ISAF. Ace pilot Mobius 1 sunk the Free Erusea naval vessels, and the insurrectionists were forced to surrender once their base of operations was destroyed.
List of units
- Ticonderoga-class guided-missile Aegis cruiser (CG)
- Iowa-class battleship (BB)
- Tanager (flagship)
- Kitty Hawk-class nuclear-powered aircraft carrier (CVN)
- Hatakaze-class guided-missile destroyers (DDG)—designated "cruisers"
- Cassard-class frigates (FF)—designated "destroyers"
- Los Angeles-class nuclear-powered submarines (SSN)
- Beowolf π
- Beowolf ν
Combat and support vessels
- Pegasus-class missile fast attack/patrol hydrofoil (PHM)
- Buffalo Soldier-class container ship (AK)
- Mars-class combat stores ship (AFS)
- San Giorgio-class amphibious transport dock (LPD)
- La Fayette-class frigate (FLF)
- Slava class
- Aegis class
- Kuznetsov class aircraft carrier
- ↑ Ace Combat 04: Shattered Skies.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Blockade, Ace Combat 04: Shattered Skies.
- ↑ Lifeline, Ace Combat 04: Shattered Skies.
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 Invincible Fleet, Ace Combat 04: Shattered Skies.
- ↑ Tango Line, Ace Combat 04: Shattered Skies.
- ↑ Siege of Farbanti, Ace Combat 04: Shattered Skies.
- ↑ Arcade Mode, Ace Combat 04: Shattered Skies.