All right, gentlemen, it's time to clean house!
This article or section may require a cleanup to meet Acepedia's quality standards.
- "This is Avalanche here. Garuda Team, thought you could use some cover!"
- ― Freddie "Avalanche" Durand
He is said to be quite a good looking guy with a sense of reassuring confidence which helped him and his fellow pilots get through the war.
Freddie Durand was assigned to be the flight leader of Avalanche Squadron close to the beginning of the Emmeria-Estovakia War.
His first known deployment was during the takeover of Emmeria at the onset of the war. He and his squadron, alongside the Garuda Team, were forced to abandon the city & retreat after the insurmountable power of the P-1112 Aigaion's Nimbus cruise missiles. Lacking in combat experience, he suffered through the humiliation of abandoning Gracemeria.
Him along with a substantial amount of Emmerian forces fled back to Khesed Island where their last stronghold lied in Vitoze. Estovakia shortly after attempted to bomb the last of the Emmerians and put a quick end to the war, however their bombing runs failed.
After the Bombing of Vitoze, Freddie & his team became an important part of the Emmerian liberation force and went on to rescue the remaining allied forces who were surrounded at Silvat. Avalanche Squadron worked with Garuda Team in a number of important operations, most notable of those being the Assault on the Aerial Fleet and the Operation Free Gracemeria.
These numerous sorties during the war gained him combat experience which allowed Durand to become a central part of the Navy's air wing. He now stands alongside Garuda Team as an inspiration to the citizens of Emmeria.
- "Looks like the Stovies are runnin out of steam. Had enough, boys?"
- ― Invasion of Gracemeria, Taunting the Estovakian Air Force.
- "Nice work, take care of as many of those tanks as you can while they're up in the air. It's like shooting fish in a barrel "
- ― Invasion of Gracemeria after taking down an airborne tank.