The Varcolac is a high-end multirole aircraft and is compatible with a large number of parts for tuning. There are three cockpit parts exclusive to the Varcolac based on the Varcolac Squadron members' specialties, which can drastically alter the aircraft's attributes.
Ace Combat InfinityEdit
- "A large, versatile aircraft developed in secret based on the "Golden Axe Plan."
Massive in size, more than twice that of many other combat aircraft, and characterized by its forward jutting cockpits.
It is a canard wing aircraft, with the massive backswept wing unified with the canards that stretch from the front of the aircraft and the winglets on the wing tips, and twin vertical tails that rise at an outward angle from the left and right engine units.
It is known as "Varcolac", meaning "werewolf"."
- ― Hangar
How to Unlock
- The GAF-1 is available through the Aircraft Tree.
These are the minimum part slots this aircraft carries at the respective levels. More can be added by repeatedly sortieing with the aircraft; when an aircraft's "part slot expansion point" requirement has been met, all three categories will receive +1 part slot. Leftover points carry over to the next expansion. Keep in mind that a maximum of 7 parts can be equipped at any time, regardless of available slots.
Upgrading this aircraft to these levels will unlock the respective nicknames for use at any time.
- Lv.3: Third-rate Actor
- Lv.10: Sky Dancer
- Lv.15: Werewolf Squadron
- Lv.20: Trickster
- Default: Dark grey body with light grey trim
Ace Combat: Joint AssaultEdit
- "Developed as a top secret project for the GA Plan and has extreme maneuver capabilities"
- ― Hangar
How to Unlock
- The GAF-1 Varcolac is unlocked for purchase upon completing Reprisal on Ace difficulty with an S rank.
- GAF-1 Varcolac was used by Varcolac Squadron. Each of the Varcolacs was customised based on the pilot's specialty. Milosz Sulejmani's Varcolac had great maneuverability, and was equipped with an automated gun system that could intercept incoming missiles.
- After the air and surface assaults on San Francisco were repelled by Martinez Security and United States Third Fleet, the Golden Axe Plan deployed Varcolac Squadron with GAF-1 Varcolacs. They were ultimately shot down by Antares Squadron.
- Speed: High
- Air to Air: High
- Air to Ground: High
- Mobility: High
- Stability: High
- Defense: High
- Color 1: Black body
- Color 2: Silver body
- Color 3: Gun metallic top with red bottom
- Color 4: Gray livery with two red stripes on the left wing
- Color 5: Varcolac Squadron livery
- Color 6: Sharkmouth
- The designation "GAF-1" is never explained, but it could potentially stand for "Golden Axe Fighter".
- The name Varcolac derives from vârcolac, which means "werewolf" in Romanian.
- ↑ Any spelling or grammatical errors preceding this reference are taken directly from the source in question.