- "Garuda Team, you are authorized to engage any hostile aircraft above Gracemeria."
- ― AWACS Ghost Eye
|8th Air Division, 28th Fighter Squadron|
|Part Of||Republic of Emmeria Air Force|
|Deployment||Anean Continental War|
|Equipment|| F-15E Strike Eagle|
F-16C Fighting Falcon
dependent on player's choices
HistoryEdit28th Fighter Squadron, "Garuda", is from Gracemeria Air Force Base and are a part of the capital defense forces. The squadron was made famous for its incredible skill during the Anean Continental War, and is known to consist of two pilots. Despite the squadron's small size, it is the major rival for the EAF's 9th Tactical Fighter Squadron "Strigon Team" and also is the spearhead for every major Emmerian military campaign. The squadron is currently still on active duty in the Republic of Emmeria Air Force. The squadron consists of Garuda One (Callsign: Talisman), name is unknown, and Garuda Two (Callsign: Shamrock), Marcus Lampert. This is the only record of pilots in this squadron. The player takes control of Garuda One. He is given a wingman, Garuda Two, before the first battle for protecting Gracemeria from Estovakian forces. When Emmeria was forced to evacuate, it put regret and guilt in Shamrock's mind. The thought of leaving his family to suffer without him was painful. Leaving him to do everything he can to get back to Gracemeria as quickly as possible so he can return to his wife and daughter. Once Emmerian forces successfully take control of Gracemeria after a long and tiring year, Shamrock receives terrible news. His wife and daughter died while they were in Gracemeria. After hearing this news, Shamrock was devastated. He went so far as to resign from the Republic of Emmeria Air Force. This is delayed due to the cruise missiles attacking Gracemeria the night of the liberation. The Joint Chiefs of Staff composed a plan and ordered all REAF pilots to head for Estovakia. Garuda Team destroyed most of the cooling units on the Chandelier. After discovering the final cooling unit, Shamrock volunteered to give in the data needed to destroy the cooling unit. Anti-Air Artillery severely damaged Shamrock's aircraft, forcing him to crash-land in the frozen glaciers. After the sacrifice, Talisman destroyed the back up cooling unit and the core of the Chandelier, ending the war. It is soon shown that Shamrock survived the crash and is in rehab for the injuries he sustained, leaving him wheelchair-bound for the foreseeable future. No information is shown about Talisman after the war.
- The Garuda in Hindu and Buddist mythology is a large mythical birdlike creature who is tasked with aiding the gods on several occasions.
- Both callsigns of Garuda teams members are symbols of luck (Talisman, Shamrock).
- On Ace Combat X: Skies of Deception a enemy ace with the name Garuda can be found on mission 5B flying a Mirage 2000D.
- Early screenshots of Ace Combat 6 showed Garuda Team as 3 men squadron, implying that originally Garuda Team had 3 pilots. This is further supported in the prototype video of Assault Horizon, which used Garuda 1 as player character, Strigon Squadron as enemy aces, and Gracemeria as the battlefield. After destroying the last Strigon aircraft, three Garuda Team F-22A Raptor's regroup.