Gracemeria is a port city with a large bay known as King's Bay connected to the Fuscum Sea to the south. King's Bay is divided from the sea by the King's Bridge, which connects the two major districts of the city: Chester City to the west, and Novusmeria to the east.
Chester City, also known as Old Town, is home to Gracemeria Castle and believed to be hundreds of years old. The castle is surrounded by medieval streets and sits on top of ancient underground catacombs. Gracemeria Air Force Base was constructed in the vicinity of Chester City.
Novusmeria, also known as New Town or New Gracemeria, was developed in modern times. Novusmeria features modern residential zones, skyscrapers, Emmeria's Capitol building, and the radio station Zed Waters works at.
During medieval times, the land surrounding today's Gracemeria was home to very fertile soil. Due to this, the territory became the grounds of many battles in which the territory was fought for.
King Aurelius II–the founder of modern Emmeria–rose to power amidst the turmoil and vowed to bring an end to the continuous conflicts and invasions. He successfully convinced the vassals to stop fighting and brought an end to foreign invasions.
Sometime afterward, the Kingdom of Emmeria was reformed into a republic, with Aurelius II at the helm. The capital of the newly formed republic was moved to Gracemeria.
Ulysses 1994XF04 planetfall
Main article: Ulysses 1994XF04
Following the news of the Ulysses 1994XF04 asteroid's increased impact radius, the Emmerian government–under the suggestion of Alberto Lawrence–constructed a network of underground shelters in and around Gracemeria in preparation for the Ulysses planetfall.
Main article: Invasion of Gracemeria
On August 30, 2015, Estovakia launched a surprise attack on Gracemeria as it simultaneously declared war on Emmeria. Initially, the Emmerian military was almost successful in pushing back the invaders. However, Nimbus missiles soon after destroyed a substantial amount of Emmerian squadrons. With the subsequent arrival of the Strigon Team, the Emmerian military abandoned the city.
Main article: King & Balloon Operations
Following the loss of Gracemeria, the Emmerian military launched multiple operations in an effort to recapture the city. A total of four strikes were carried out, each attack was repelled by an umbrella defensive network comprised of the P-1112 Aigaion, Strigon Team, and South Sea Fleet. Following the fourth battle, the Emmerian military retreated west.
Main article: Operation Free Gracemeria
In the months prior to Gracemeria's liberation, the Estovakian military had fortified the city in preparation for the coming battle.
On March 31, 2016, the Emmerian military invaded Gracemeria and one of the largest battles of the war ensued. After a period of fighting, the city was once again under Emmerian control. Shortly afterward, Ilya Pasternak, alongside numerous UAV-45s, entered the airspace and engaged Emmerian forces. Following an extended dogfight, Talisman shot down Pasternak, killing him and ending the battle.
Main article: Gracemeria cruise missile attack
The following night, Estovakia utilized Chandelier to launch a retaliatory strike against Gracemeria. Multiple waves of cruise missiles converged on the city. Emmerian squadrons would intercept both the missiles and their escort fighters. The next day, Emmerian squadrons were sent north to destroy the weapon.
Following the Emmeria-Estovakia War, the city had undergone considerable reconstruction. Areas including Gracemeria Plaza were still undergoing repairs, while the more famous landmarks such as the King's Bridge had been fully restored.
- The old Bandai Namco HQ can be found in Gracemeria.
- In canon, Gracemeria had seen a total of 7 battles during the Emmeria-Estovakia War.
- Gracemeria's location is depicted as a green and fertile land in Ace Combat 6. However, the briefing map in mission 13 of Ace Combat 5: The Unsung War, Demons of Razgriz, shows the area around Gracemeria as a desert.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 もっと詳しく ACE6 -- 戦闘エリア紹介. Retrieved on 12 February 2018.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 Invasion of Gracemeria, Ace Combat 6: Fires of Liberation.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 3.3 3.4 The Liberation of Gracemeria, Ace Combat 6: Fires of Liberation.
- ↑ Cutscene 13: "Catacombs 1", Ace Combat 6: Fires of Liberation.
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 5.2 5.3 Gracemeria Patrol, Ace Combat 6: Fires of Liberation.
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 6.2 6.3 6.4 GAZE: Last Christmas
- ↑ 7.0 7.1 Ace Combat 6 Assault Records #25 - Valeriy Nikitov.
- ↑ Chandelier, Ace Combat 6: Fires of Liberation.
- ↑ Ace Combat 6: Fires of Liberation Cutscene #17: A Brand New Day.
- ↑ File:Anea Map With Hrimfaxi AC5.jpg.