|Japanese Voice Actor||Kenji Nojima|
|English Voice Actor||Johnny Yong Bosch|
|Date of birth||January 1991|
|Professional Character Data|
|Vehicles||F-5E Tiger II (rookie), F-14A Tomcat(preferred), various others|
|Rank||Airman First Class, Captain (postwar)|
|Notable facts||Has excellent awareness on the battlefield and adapts quickly to various situations.|
|Chronological and Political Information|
|Affiliation||Osean Air Defense Force, OFS Kestrel, Razgriz Squadron, 108th Tactical Fighter Squadron|
- "He's part of the reason I took this job."
- ―Hans Grimm about his brother
- "This is Airman First Class Grimm, callsign Archer. Control tower and all aircraft, I will be joining the Wardog Squadron."
- ―Hans Grimm
Hans Grimm (ハンス·グリム Hansu Gurimu) was a replacement pilot during the beginning of Ace Combat 5, but later joined the Wardog Tactical Fighter Squad. He is recognized for his nervousness and sense of hope. When the Wardog had to split up, he followed Alvin H. Davenport as his wingman.
Circum-Pacific War, and apparently not having finished the replacement pilot training course, Grimm joined the squadron during the First Battle of Sand Island, flying into battle with MIA Capt. Bartlett's spare F-5 Tiger II. Grimm was the youngest and most inexperienced of the team, and seemed reasonably unsure of himself. However he had a strong motivation to help end the war with as few casualties as possible. Over the course of the war, Grimm's piloting skills dramatically improved and "Archer" easily became on par with the rest of the squadron (with the exception of Blaze) and handled his missions without sustaining major damage to his aircraft. He and the rest of Wardog Squadron were betrayed and branded as traitors when the war was almost over. Later, his squadron became the Ghosts of Razgriz and later disappeared without a trace when the war end.
Hans' brother is a member of the Osean ground forces (the 1st Airborne Division), and was involved in the landing on Bastok Peninsula (Operation: Footprint)and one operation in the Jilachi Desert (Operation Desert Blitz or Operation Desert Arrow).
In Ace Combat Zero, there is a Belkan pilot named Heinrad Grimm which appears in the 10th ("Mayhem / Operation Battle-Axe") as the named pilot "GrauOrca 2" (number 099 in the Assault Records). It is unknown whether he is related to Hans Grimm or not.
- In his dialogue in mission 27+, Hans mentions that his birthday is coming up "next week". The mission takes place on December 31, 2010, which is a Friday, so Grimm's birthday falls between January 3 and January 9.
- Hans and his brother are likely to be a reference on the famous real-world Brothers Grimm, a pair of influential German philologists of the 19th century. Grimm's name and appearance also suggest that he is possibly Belkan of origin, with Belka being the Strangereal equivalent of Germany. This theory is further reinforced by the fact that much of the game revolves around a Belkan fairy tale.