The Hawk was operated by the OADF to train new pilots. It was also used during Wardog Squadron's escape from Sand Island, who were branded as traitors. A Yuktobanian ace, callsign "Gigantor", also used the aircraft during Operation Lagoon, but was shot down.
Ace Combat 5: The Unsung War
- "Originally developed as a training aircraft. It makes up for the limited weapons load with clean responsiveness and ease of control, making it an agile and capable fighter."
- ― Hangar
How to Unlock
- Speed: 73
- Mobility: 41
- Stability: 34
- Defense: 42
- Air-to-Air: 51
- Air-to-Ground: 16
- OS: White upper body with red wing trim and lower body
- RZ: Black body
- SP: Graphite gray body
- Gigantor (Shorebirds)
- Outside of Ace Combat Infinity, the Hawk is the cheapest plane in the entire series, priced at only 5,000 credits.
- The Hawk is the only flyable trainer aircraft in the entire Ace Combat series, appearing as the T.1 variant of the aircraft.
- In real life, the T.1 could only carry the AIM-9 Sidewinder. The QAAM portrayed on the Hawk in Ace Combat 5 is the AIM-9X, which was likely a compensation for the aircraft's sub-par statistics compared to other aircraft unlocked around the same time.
- The Hawk ace Gigantor is a direct allusion to Tetsujin 28-go (Iron Man #28), known in America as Gigantor, a 1960's manga/anime which is famous for being the first "super robot"/mecha anime. As well, the Hawk's SP scheme is graphite gray; Gigantor used a gray steel plating.