This is an order of deployment. We've obtained a portion of classified intelligence concerning the enemy's heavy command cruiser from the Department of National Safety. The heavy command cruiser's official name has been identified as P-1112 Aigaion. The team consists of a mid-sized Kottos aircraft in charge of electronic warfare, and a mid-sized Gyges aircraft in charge of close-range air defense. Aigaion, a command craft, takes care of all cruise missile related duties. After acquiring this intelligence we were able to draw up an operation to destroy the Aigaion. Listen closely.
Fuel is added to the Aigaion through an opening in the front. Multiple tankers must make their way to the front of the Aigaion for for refueling purposes. Once the tankers are positioned in front of the craft to refuel it, the Aigaion's radar signals are temporarily weakened. This is where it gets important. While the Aigaion is being refueled, its radar is almost completely unable to detect any type of movement in front of the craft. If you can stay on course and maintain a certain altitude, you could approach the Aigaion from the air without being noticed by enemy forces.
So our best chance of taking that monster out is during its midair fuel up. The Aigaion's flight schedule is also included in this piece of intelligence. We'll go over the flight route after our meeting in the hangar. Get prepared at once.
- Su-33 Feniks - Launches from the Aigaion if the entire Strigon Team is killed before the Aigaion's engines are destroyed.
Good job. The Aigaion and its air unit have been destroyed. The cruise missiles aimed at Emmeria have also been eliminated. This was a huge victory for us, and I'm sure it'll have a significant impact on the war. Garuda Team, you have received a letter of commendation from the Joint Chiefs of Staff for your invaluable service in this mission. Tonight you're free to do what you want.
- In Hard difficulty and above, the ending of the mission is extended by requiring the player to destroy the core of the Aigaion, located beneath the cockpit within its body.
- The events of the mission were replicated in Ace Combat Infinity in the "Moby Dick Pursuit" Special Raid operations. The attack on the ship's core is omitted in Moby Dick Pursuit I but included in Moby Dick Pursuit II, III, and IV.
- ↑ Briefing prior to "Heavy Command Cruiser (mission)
- ↑ Ace Combat 6: Fires of Liberation Complete Guide, page 082.
|Ace Combat 6: Fires of Liberation Missions|
|Ace of Aces|