Heierlark Air Force Base is an Osean Air Defense Force air base located in North Osea (formerly South Belka), north of Wesson near Aurick Bay. The area around Heierlark consists of rolling hills and low sloping mountains. Due to its northern location and subarctic climate, the base experiences long harsh winters and must contend with heavy snowfall.
Heierlark Air Force Base was originally an Belkan installation near Belka's northwestern fringes. In September 1991, the Osean Federation acquired a sizable portion of Belka's western lands, which included Heierlark. When the Belkan War broke out in March 1995, the base was captured by the Belkans and used as a launching point for air operations against the Allied Forces. Heierlark was eventually reclaimed by Osea and used to support Galm Team in its mission to eliminate remnants of the Belkan Army. After the defeat of Belka and Osea's acquisition of South Belka, Heierlark became a base for Osean Air Defense Force trainees.
The pilots of the legendary Wardog Squadron were later trained at Heierlark before being reassigned to Sand Island Air Force Base. After suffering considerable losses over the Eaglin Straits, Wardog Squadron did not have enough fuel to return to Sand Island and were redirected to land at Heierlark Air Force Base.
After refueling and resupplying, the Wardog pilots received orders to bring many of the Heierlark trainees back to Sand Island with them to reinforce the loss of Osean airmen on the west coast.
- Kei Nagase refers to Heierlark as being within North Osea, although evidence suggests that the air base was already part of Osea prior to 1995.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 Cutscene 07, Ace Combat 5: The Unsung War.
- ↑ Strangereal Map. Retrieved August 6, 2016.
- ↑ Cutscene 01, Ace Combat 5: The Unsung War.
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 Cutscene 02, Ace Combat Zero: The Belkan War.
- ↑ Lying in Deceit, Ace Combat Zero: The Belkan War.
- ↑ Rendezvous, Ace Combat 5: The Unsung War.