|Other names||Solo Wing Pixy
|English Voice Actor||Yuri Lowenthal|
|Date of birth||1967|
|Age||28 (1995), 38 (2005)|
|Professional Character Data|
|Callsign(s)||Galm 2, Pixy|
|Notable facts||Flew the ADFX-02 Morgan, defected to A World With No Boundaries
Number 2 of 66th Air Force Unit
|Chronological and Political Information|
|Era(s)||The Belkan War
Usean Continental War
|Affiliation||Ustio, 66th Air Force Unit
A World With No Boundaries, ISAF
- "Yo, Buddy... still alive?"
"A Brother in Arms"
Larry "Pixy" Foulke was a mercenary pilot during the Belkan War. He is much better known as simply "Pixy" (とんがり Tongari), as Cipher's wingman during the majority of Ace Combat Zero, and later his enemy.
A pilot in the mercenary squadron of Ustian Air Force well known for once having completed a mission and landing safely while one of his F-15's wings was blown off. Although Foulke accepts war for what it is, he hates the concept of it. He looks at the world as having no boundaries but only those placed there by war. Although sharing this philosophy with friends such as the leader of the Osean Wizard Squadron, namely Joshua Bristow, he did not act on it until June 6, 1995 when Belka, in an attempt to stop the allied advance, dropped seven V1 nuclear warheads on the Waldreich Mountains. The blast killed more than 12,000 people and brought communications down. There is no official information about him after that day. In reality, it is rumored that he is currently a soldier in a volunteer army in a small country in Usea.
Helping to establish A World With No Boundaries, Pixy was given the ADFX-02 Morgan prototype super-fighter. Facing off against his former flight lead Cipher, Pixy was shot down over the mountains and was given shelter by those still living in the blast zone. Leaving the Osea continent behind, Pixy goes on to fight in the Usean Continental War as a volunteer. When he was interviewed, he seemed to have come to terms with himself, accepting borders and seemingly sorry for himself that he betrayed Cipher.
Larry Foulke was interviewed in Delarus on November 25, 2005, by an Osean reporter by the name of Brett Thompson. He assumed that he was sorry for his actions and for betraying Cipher. His last words were "Yo, Buddy. Still Alive? And thanks, friend. See you again."
- In the Assault Record of Ace Combat Zero, it is revealed that Larry's nationality is Belkan, which also reveals that he is a Belkan mercenary. This indicates that he is fighting in Usea on Belka's behalf but most likely it is that he willinginly volunteered to fight in the conflict to defend his personal ideals after the experiences he faced during the Belkan War which profoundly changed his concept of life.
- Another reason why he could be in Usea in 2005 is that he is trying to find Cipher. Having possibly heard of Mobius 1 and his achievements in 2004, he could have suspected that Mobius 1 could be Cipher.
- Another hint that Larry is Belkan is his dialogue in the missions. He sounds sly and calm like the other Belkan pilots you will fight.
- The story in which Larry Foulke had completed a mission with his F-15's right wing blown off may be based off the real-world account of Israeli Air Force pilot Zivi Nedivi wherein he collided with an A-4 Skyhawk during a simulated dogfight and was able to return to base and land his F-15D, which is very similar with the only difference being that Zivi's experience occurred during a training mission, while Larry's occurred during a combat mission.
- If the player watches Pixy at the beginning of the mission Glacial Skies, you can see him doing some fancy maneuvers.
- The interview Larry gave to Brett Thompson took place on November 25, 2005 in Delarus, a full month after the destruction of Megalith by Mobius One and the official end of the Usean Continental War. It can be therefore inferred that hostilities on the Erusean-Delarusian border continued even after Erusea officially surrendered and that Pixy was fighting to put an end to it.
- Larry most likely fought against Free Erusea because he was interviewed after the end of the Usean Continental War. Most likely, he joined ISAF - if you look closely at the 'A Brother in Arms' interview, you can see the ISAF flag on top of the building.
- Larry's ideals are very similar to socialism and marxism. This can be supported by the fact that the removal of borders is one of the things that Karl Marx argued in his book "The Communist Manifesto" as well as the removal of authority.
- If you look closely at Pixy's Morgan, you will see Belkan Air Force roundels. This is likely because the plane was stolen from a Belkan plant. However, it was painted in Pixy's special color scheme.
"Oh, him? Yeah, I know him. It's going to take a while. It happened years ago. Did you know... there are three kinds of aces? Those who seek strength, those who live for pride, and those who can read the tide of battle. Those are the three. And him... he was a true ace."
"Every time I flew with him, his skill stood out. He was unstoppable...
...He was cool-headed and proud. A combat professional. Demon Lord fit him perfectly. Maybe the man was blessed by the goddess of war... (Knight Ace Style)
...He would ascertain the situation in an instant, and change the tide of battle. He was born for combat. It was no wonder they called him Demon Lord. That said, it was hell trying to keep up with him... (Soldier Ace Style)
...It didn't matter where the battlefield was, the man had complete trust in his own powers. He was born for battle. A Demon Lord who struck down all opposition. He paid no heed to the troubles of those who flew with him... (Mercenary Ace Style)
...Before long, everyone had taken notice of him. More and more would show up to watch him go off on sortie. Mercenaries or maintenance crew, it didn't matter. People wanted to burn his image into their memories. Hell, they weren't the only ones."
"I figured you'd say that. This is gonna cost you extra."
"It was a cold and snowy day..."
"Cipher, I've heard stories about you. People say you never let your prey get away." (Mercenary Ace Style)
"Cipher, I've heard stories about you. That pride's gonna get you killed, you know?" (Knight Ace Style)
"Cipher, I've heard stories about you. They say you've got what it takes to win." (Soldier Ace Style)
"So, have you found a reason to fight yet, Buddy?"
"We WILL survive, Galm 1!"
"'Nuclear inspection, huh? What a joke."
"Hey Cipher, you hear me? Just look at the view. There's not much difference between those countries from up here."
"Nah, I'm just sad."
"There is no mercy in war, it`s a collision of powers."
"...And here you are to drag me off in a magical carriage...to hell I suppose..."
"This is the Round Table. Dead men's words have no meaning."
"This is where we go our separate ways."
"Let's take care of 'em..."
"Can you see any borders from here? What have borders given us?"
"We gotta strike while the iron's hot."
"Those who survive a long time on the battlefield start to think they're invincible...I bet you do too, Buddy."
"Here comes the snow!"
"It's pretty ironic,Buddy. Couple of dogs like us fightin' the last battle."
"It's not over, Buddy. This is where it all starts. You know what I'm talking about right?"
"There's no mercy in war. People live and people die. That's all there is to it."
"You and I are opposite sides of the same coin. When we face each other, we can finally see our true selves. There may be resemblance, but we never face the same direction."
"Now we find out who's number one!"
"There's only one way, Buddy - you gotta fight for what you believe in!"
"It looks like we both got what it takes."
"Too bad, Buddy. This twisted game needs to be reset. We'll start over from "zero" with this V2 and entrust the future to the next generation."
"Fire away, coward!"
"Time to dive into the fireworks!"
"Be ready to pay up."
"You better have our pay ready and waiting."
"Hornets. Don't let 'em sting you in the ass."
"While you're up here 'fighting for peace', tons of blood is being shed on the ground. Some 'peace' kid."
"You think you can stop bloodshed by shedding more blood? Flyin' with all those ideals swimming around in your head is gonna get you killed."
"Time to dive into the fireworks!"
"Pixy to Crow 3. If you get shot down, crash where I can't see."
"I don't have time for that. It's every man for himself."
"I should have died that day, but I didn't. I dragged my wounded body, and reached ground zero of the nuclear detonations. A barren, empty land. I felt an unbearable sadness when I witnessed that landscape. There were still people living there. They were the ones that saved me. It may be true that the world has no need of borders. But would getting rid of them really change anything? The world won't change for the better unless we trust people. Trust is vital in a peaceful world. But that will never happen. I'm still on the battlefield. Right now I'm near a border. I want to see for myself what borders really mean, and what their volition really is... I may not find what I'm looking for, but I still wanna try. Anyway, that's what I've come to believe, and I think that's enough. Will he see this video? If you do meet him, give him a message for me. Yo, Buddy. Still alive? And thanks friend. See you again."
"Buddy, I just found a reason to fight."
|Knights of the Round Table|
|Anthony Palmer | Anton Kupchenko | Bernard Schmidt | Cipher | Detlef Fleisher | Dietrich Kellerman | Dimitri Heinreich | Dominic Zubov | Erich Hillenberand | Joshua Bristow | Larry Foulke | Marcela Vasquez | Rainer Altman|