The Lighthouse War (灯台戦争 Tōdai sensō), also known as the Second Continental War (第二次大陸戦争) or Second Usean Continental War, is a conflict between the countries of Osea and Erusea. The full nature of the conflict is unknown. It is the main focus of the story campaign in Ace Combat 7: Skies Unknown.
In the early 2010s, Osea reached an agreement with the various Usean nations for the construction of the International Space Elevator in the Gunther region to supply energy to countries on the continent, which began in 2011. As part of the agreement, Osean military forces in the form of aircraft and naval warships were stationed on the continent to protect the structure. The Arsenal Bird aerial warships were also developed for this purpose and deployed to the airspace surrounding the elevator.
Erusea declared war on Osea and seized the Space Elevator soon after a series of terrorist attacks were conducted in Osea by drones, eliminating much of the stationed military forces stationed in Usea.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 Two-pronged strategy, Ace Combat 7: Skies Unknown
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 File:Ace Combat 7 Skies Unknown - E3 2017 Trailer.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 Acepedia (@AceCombatWiki). Published on 13 June 2018. Retrieved on 13 June 2018. "Here are the highest-quality scans from the #AceCombat section of the new Weekly Famitsu, courtesy of Tumblr user famigeki!".
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 Bandai Namco Entertainment Europe (@BandaiNamcoEU). Published on 14 June 2018. Retrieved on 16 June 2018. "Set on the Usean continent #AceCombat7SkiesUnknown’s story revolves around the Second Usean Continental War in 2019.".
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 Bandai Namco Entertainment UK (@BandaiNamcoUK). Published on 15 June 2018. Retrieved on 16 June 2018. "New trailer for Ace Combat 7 to close out #E32018! The Second Usean Continental War rages on.".
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 "「エースコンバット7」，ストーリーの導入部や最新スクリーンショットなどが公開。UGSFシリーズとの関連も明らかに" ["Ace Combat 7 story introduction and latest screenshots have been released. A clear connection to UGSF"]. 4gamer.net. Published on 21 June 2018. Retrieved on 21 June 2018.