- "Some people never pray to God unless they're in a lot of trouble. And we're only called "aces" when people need us to bail them out."
- ― Marcus Lampert
Marcus Lampert resided in Gracemeria and had a family which he cared for dearly. During the invasion of Gracemeria, he was forced to abandon city and his family. Along with a majority of the Emmerian forces, he retreated to Khesed Island.
As Talisman's wingman, Garuda Team would play a key role in the operations to retake Khesed Island. Shamrock would do anything to get back to Gracemeria and free his people, even disobeying a direct cease-fire order and continuing to dogfight several members of the Strigon Team. As a result, Garuda Team was suspended from active duty until the plan to destroy the Estovakian WMD catalyst.
Following Operation Free Gracemeria, he learns that his wife and daughter died during the war, cursing himself for being unable to protect them and as a result, vows to turn in his wings once the patrol is over. However, due to the new threat in the Estovakian Chandelier railgun, Shamrock remained on active duty. During the Battle of Sonne Island, he single handedly flies into a heavily defended trench in order to retrieve data for AWACS Ghost Eye. This stunt resulted in him being shot down. He tries to keep the plane steady but the damage is too great, forcing him to eject just before impact. He was later picked up by an Emmerian team.
The injuries he sustains during his ejection temporarily confine him to a wheelchair. He then visits the people he heard on the radio during his previous mission, Melissa Herman and her daughter. While enjoying the company, seeing the happiness of the children around him, he looks at the restored King's Bridge as he reminisces about his journey with Talisman.
- Performance-wise, Marcus Lampert is shown to have abilities that the player cannot perform, such as using the Semi-Active Air-to-Air Missile without need for the steering circle, rapid-firing the Electromagnetic Launcher, and not having to worry about crashing into terrain.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 The Liberation of Gracemeria, Ace Combat 6: Fires of Liberation.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Weapons of Mass Destruction, Ace Combat 6: Fires of Liberation
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 もっと詳しく ACE6 -- 戦闘エリア紹介. Retrieved on 25 March 2018.
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 Gracemeria Patrol, Ace Combat 6: Fires of Liberation
- ↑ Invasion of Gracemeria, Ace Combat 6: Fires of Liberation
- ↑ Vitoze Aerial Defense, Ace Combat 6: Fires of Liberation
- ↑ Bartolomeo Fortress, Ace Combat 6: Fires of Liberation
- ↑ The Moloch Desert, Ace Combat 6: Fires of Liberation
- ↑ Chandelier, Ace Combat 6: Fires of Liberation
- ↑ Ace Combat 6: Fires of Liberation, Assault Records #44 - GARUDA 2.
- ↑ Ace Combat 6: Fires of Liberation, Cutscene #17 - A Brand New Day.