All right, gentlemen, it's time to clean house!
This article or section may require a cleanup to meet Acepedia's quality standards.
The Mi-24 Hind is a dual-seat helicopter gunship developed by the Soviet Mil bureau. One of the first true gunships in warfare, it is one of the most famous military helicopters in service, having historically operated with over thirty nations.
The helicopter saw limited use in Strangereal, noticeably by the Erusian Military during the Second Usean Continental War.
During the New Russian Federation uprising, both the New Russian Federation and Loyalists forces operated Hinds. Osa Squadron, a Loyalist unit, operated the helicopter during the liberation of Moscow.
- An assault and attack helicopter that is a mainstay of the Russian Army. Highly durable because of its heavy armor, it is also appealing because of the abundance of weaponry loaded on board. The unique rounded shape of the nose is a notable feature and it is referred to by the NATO codename "Hind." In addition to anti-tank combat and close air support, it has a wide variety of uses including the transportation of military personnel and goods.
- A fleet of Mi-24 Hind-E helicopters was obtained by the East African militia during their insurgency in late 2015. The origin of the helicopters is unclear, although their desert camouflage, used by Mi-24s operated by Djibouti, may suggest that they were stolen during their campaign. Militia helicopters were repeatedly engaged by Task Force 108 during their operations in the region until the New Russian Federation coup, and by both NRF supporters and government loyalists in the following civil war.
- Complete the single-player campaign. Unlocked with the PAK-FA.
- Speed: High
- Mobility: Poor
- Stability: Poor
- Fire Power: Medium
- Defense: Medium
- Color 1: Desert camouflage. Used by Hinds in Russian service.
- Color 2: Black body with white frontal stripe. Used by NRF units.
- Color 3: Gray zebra pattern used by Czech Republic Mi-35s.
- SRN: white and brown camouflage.
- NAMED PILOTS
- Shanti (East African Town)
- The Mi-24 makes a small cameo appearance in Ace Combat X: Skies of Deception. In a cutscene, a single Leasath Hind is portrayed along with ground forces, as seen in the picture.
Ace Combat: Assault Horizon
- After a Hind has been destroyed, one can inspect the wreckage up-close and see the canopy partly shattered and its interior covered in the pilots' blood.
- In all three colors, the word "опасно", Russian for "dangerous", is present in the tail broom.
- The firing sound of the Mi-24's gun was the sound used by the AH-64D's in the E3 2011 and September public release demo. However, the latter was changed before release, and the original sound was reused for the Hind.