Oured is the capital of the Osean Federation. The city is located on the coast of Oured Bay at the mouth of the Yarrow River, near the tip of Osea's southeastern peninsula. It was incorporated into the capital district, Eversole, in modern times and is home to the Osean presidential residence, Bright Hill, and a major penitentiary, Oured Federal Prison.
The exact date of Oured's founding remains unknown, as is the point at which it became the capital of Osea. However, historical records indicate that Oured was growing to the point that it warranted demarcation on antiquated world maps.
Over the course its history, Oured's population has steadily increased: after the end of the Belkan War in 1995, an undetermined number of fugitives from Belka and A World With No Boundaries fled prosecution and resettled in Oured, including Anthony Palmer and Dominic Zubov. However, any further events within the city during the war are unknown.
In the months prior to the impact of the Ulysses 1994XF04 asteroid, Oured received an influx of Usean and Anean refugees attempting to escape the predicted damage area. The city accepted the highest number of refugees worldwide, well over 200,000 civilians.
In late October 2010, President Vincent Harling took a sudden, unexplained leave of absence from the capital; during Harling's time away from Oured, Vice President Appelrouth assumed control of the government and escalated the nation's war effort.
In November, the Osean military command summoned Wardog Squadron to Oured for questioning, under suspicion of perpetrating an unauthorized attack on Yuktobanian civilians. The occurrence of the November 4 attacks within Eversole caused the Osean command to abandon the trial and send the Wardog pilots to contain one of two terror attacks committed by Yuktobanian special forces, allowing them to regain the trust of their superiors.
Following his liberation from the Grey Men in December, President Harling returned to Oured to reclaim his position from the vice president. On December 30, during a live press conference at Bright Hill, Harling and the Yuktobanian Prime Minister exposed the truth behind the war and ordered an immediate ceasefire to their respective countries.
On December 31, after the destruction of Gründer Industries' cross-border tunnel network in Sudentor, the Strategic Orbital Linear Gun descended into the atmosphere on a collision course with Oured. The falling satellite threatened to annihilate the city and its populous with the V2 warheads stored inside it. Oured was saved by the Razgriz Squadron, which intercepted and destroyed the satellite safely over Oured Bay.
- Oured appears to be a hybrid of the American metropolises of Chicago and New York City. Several landmarks resembling buildings from both cities are also present in Oured, including copies of Willis Tower (formerly named Sears Tower), the Chrysler Building, and Citigroup Center.
- The name of Oured's presidential mansion, Bright Hill, alludes to a 17th-century sermon from Puritan leader John Winthrop, who stated the New World (America) would become a shining "city upon a hill", watched by all the world. In AC5, the world tunes in to watch Harling's and Nikanor's address at Bright Hill exposing the treachery behind the Circum-Pacific War's outbreak.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 The Unsung War, Ace Combat 5: The Unsung War.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Cutscene 11, Ace Combat 5: The Unsung War.
- ↑ Briefing, The Unsung War, Ace Combat 5: The Unsung War.
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 Cutscene 26, Ace Combat 5: The Unsung War.
- ↑ Assault Records #163: Rainer Walter, Ace Combat Zero: The Belkan War.
- ↑ Historical Map of Strangereal, ACES WEB. Published 2004. Retrieved August 1, 2015.
- ↑ Cutscene 16 - Mercenary, Ace Combat Zero: The Belkan War.
- ↑ Cutscene 07 - Mercenary, Ace Combat Zero: The Belkan War.
- ↑ "A Shelterized Castle", GAZE: Last Christmas. Published January 1, 1999.
- ↑ Ace Combat 5: The Unsung War Perfect Guide, page 251.
- ↑ Cutscene 22, Ace Combat 5: The Unsung War.