Complete the Campaign on any difficulty
The Sukhoi Su-50 PAK FA (Russian: Перспективный авиационный комплекс фронтовой авиации, Perspektivny aviatsionny kompleks frontovoy aviatsii; English: "Prospective Airborne Complex Frontline Aviation") is Russia's fifth-generation fighter aircraft and currently under development. It is planned to be released in 2015 and is the indended successor to the MiG-29 Fulcrum and Su-27 Flanker.
The Su-50 PAK FA is the most advanced multirole aircraft in service with the Russian Air Force. It can perform a number of mission types, from ground support and air dominance to long-range surgical strikes, with a wide array of weaponry. Impressive maneuverability and decent armor give it incredible combat capability.
- Dimensions (length, height, wingspan): 65'11"x19'9"x46'7"
- Maximum Speed (cruise, afterburner): 808 mph (1300 kph; 673 knots) ; 1560 mph (2600 kph; 1300 knots)
- Maximum Range: 3417 miles (5500 km)
- Operational Ceiling: 65,000 feet (20,000 m)
- Weight (empty, loaded): 40,785 lbs (18,500 kg); 63,490 lbs (28,800 kg)
- Powerplant: Two AL-41F1 afterburning thrust-vectoring turbofans
- Crew: 1
- 6-barreled GSh-30-1 30mm rotary cannon
- AA-8 Aphid short-range heatseeker
- AA-10 Alamo medium-range radar homing
- R-84X Kola independent subnuclear
Ace Combat: Assault HorizonEdit
- "A cutting-edge stealth fighter developed from a combination of Russian Air Force technologies. It boasts top class air battle power thanks to the outstanding maneuverability it gets from its thrust deflection nozzle and its low detection properties in regards to radar. PAK-FA is an abbreviation of the Russian word for "Future Airborne Complex - Frontline Aviation." Because it is a prototype, many details such as on-board armaments are shrouded in secrecy."
- ―Hangar description.
It is unlocked for player use along with the Mi-24 Hind after the single-player campaign is finished on any difficulty. A Multirole fighter, the PAK FA is one of the deadliest and most effective aircraft in both single and multiplayer modes, and can be considered among the game's superfighters. It has a high Firepower rating, rivaled only by the CFA-44 Nosferatu , and highly durable armor, a trait rarely seen in aircraft of its type. It has high maneuverability and it lacks only stability, making it a very efficient aircraft in air and ground attacks outside Close Range Assault.
The aircraft possesses a generally air-to-air centered weapons repertoire. It can be armed with Quick Maneuvering Air-to-Air Missiles or 4AAMs for air-to-air combat. The third and most notable weapon, however, is the "Experimental Weapon 1" or EW1, a player-usable version of the Trinity weapon central to the game's plot. An air-to-ground missile, EW1 provides the PAK FA with unparalleled anti-ground capabilities, allowing the player to wipe out entire enemy battalions with a single shot. However, the weapon's power is offset by its low ammunition capacity (Three missiles, four if playing on "Rookie" difficulty. Note: It is unaffected by the "Extra Missiles" skill) and, in the case of the campaign, its ability to destroy any allied vehicles within its blast radius.
Standard and Downloadable Paint SchemesEdit
- Color 1: Black with Russian Air Force roundels (adjustable)
- Color 2: Winter tundra camouflage (adjustable)
- Color 3: Silver fuselage, blue edges, Markov's sharkmouth
- Special: "Akula"
Ace Combat: Assault Horizon LegacyEdit
In Ace Combat: Assault Horizon Legacy, the PAK FA returns, conserving its role as a Multirole plane. It is used by Albireo Squadron leader Edgar Grint and the ace "Death Rave 2000". It is unlocked by completing all of the Survival bonus missions.
Despite the availability of the ADF-01 FALKEN and XFA-27, the PAK FA is still on par with the superplanes for raw performance. While not as agile as the XFA-27 or fast as the FALKEN, it is a very strong all-rounder, and considerably cheaper to purchase at 162,000 credits. Its weapons include Multi-Purpose Missiles, XSAA and Omnidirectional Multi-Purpose Missiles.
- Both Illich and Markov (especially the latter one) are capable of doing two counter-maneouvers that the player is incapable of doing. The first that can be described as a half kulbit where Markov/Illich turn their PAK-FA directly towards the player often damaging the players aircraft with their cannon. The other, which is an advanced version of the Paguchev Cobra, is performed by tilting the nose upwards and then yawing right and heading back towards the player.
- Also, Markov can release a salvo of 4 missiles with capabilities resembling 4AAM and QAAM that can fly backwards towards the player in the final battle between Warwolf 1 and Markov. These missiles are often impossible to evade even with flares. The best way to evade these missiles is to have Markov fire a salvo, disengage DFM and quickly reengage DFM before Markov slips away. However, if used excessively Markov aircraft will start to fly aggressively to such a degree it could cause the player to crash. Also, while engaging Markov in DFM, the player could use his evasion against him: When Markov turns, the player will follow, and usually, Markov pulls tight turns. These tight turns can allow the missiles to loose track of the player.
- The jet model used in Assault Horizon features instruments that in real life are solely used for testing the prototype, such as the extension on the nose tip and the many pitot tubes. The real production aircraft will likely lack most of these instruments, as they provide no benefit in combat.