The T-50, also known frequently as the PAK-FA (Perspektivny aviatsionny kompleks frontovoy aviatsii, "Prospective Airborne Complex of Frontline Aviation") after the project it is part of, is a fifth-generation fighter aircraft currently under development by Sukhoi.
Prior to the impact of the 1994XF04 Ulysses asteroid, the Usean Rebel Forces was the sole known operator of the aircraft, whose nation of origin is uncertain. The most notable user of the aircraft was the Albireo Squadron's leader, Edgar Grint, who was killed in battle with Scarface Squadron over Snider's Top while intending to prevent the advance of the Usean Allied Forces towards the rebel headquarters in Saint Ark during the Usean Continental War. Another notable pilot was Death Rave 2000, who was seen over the Payton Channel during Beast Squadron's engagement with Scarface Squadron.
Assault Horizon universe
In the Assault Horizon continuity, the PAK-FA was secretly developed by Russia as part of an effort to develop a stealth combat aircraft to supersede the MiG-29 Fulcrum and Su-27 Flanker, able of participating in ground attack or air superiority operations while remaining hidden from radar. It possessed highly dense armor and powerful stealth capabilities, likely born from the Soviet from the research on the application of metamaterials for radar invisibility from the CFA-44 Nosferatu by scientists in Romania.
Towards the end of the 2015-2016 civil war in Russia, Markov loaded his aircraft with the last remaining Trinity missile and departed to Central America with Illich and several pilots to carry out a suicide attack against the US leadership in Washington. Markov and his men were engaged and ultimately shot down by the Warwolf Squadron and the USAF in battles through Miami and the capital before their mission could be carried out.
- "A cutting-edge stealth fighter developed from a combination of Russian Air Force technologies. It boasts top class air battle power thanks to the outstanding maneuverability it gets from its thrust deflection nozzle and its low detection properties in regards to radar. PAK-FA is an abbreviation of the Russian word for "Future Airborne Complex - Frontline Aviation." Because it is a prototype, many details such as on-board armaments are shrouded in secrecy."
- ― Hangar
- Complete the campaign in any difficulty.
- Speed: High
- Mobility: High
- Stability: Medium
- Fire Power: Maximum
- Defense: High
- Color 1: Black body.
- Color 2: Russian air superiority camouflage.
- Color 3: Splinter camouflage with frontal shark's mouth. Andrei Markov's personal aircraft.
- DLC: Akula
- C01: Gray body
- C02: Russian Air Force paint job
- C03: PAK-FA prototype color scheme
- C04: Brown version of Color 2
- C05: Black with gold lining
- C06: Green variant of Color 2
- NAMED PILOTS
- Death Rave 2000 - Found in Hunting Season. Spawns with Beast Squadron after they begin to surround Scarface Squadron.
- Albireo 1
- "This aircraft was created based on the plans for the PAK-FA (from the Russian for "Prospective Airborne Complex of Frontline Aviation"). It has very high stealth capabilities, and represents the culmination of Russian Air Force technology. Featuring prominent maneuverability due to a thrust vectoring nozzle and excellent stealth against radar, it boasts top class aerial combat capabilities. Currently known by its name during its design phase, the "T-50"."
- ― Hangar
Credit Price Calculator
The calculator below shows the total credit price to upgrade this aircraft between any two levels. Enable "NSU Form" if a Nonstandard Upgrade Request Form will be used to negate the Lv.5->Lv.6 price. The total will update automatically.
These are the minimum / maximum part slots this aircraft carries at the respective levels. Part slots can be added until they reach maximum by repeatedly sortieing with the aircraft; see Tuning for more information. A maximum of 7 parts can be equipped at any time, regardless of available slots.
|BODY / Max||ARMS / Max||MISC / Max|
|Lv.1-5||26 / 38||24 / 38||25 / 38|
|Lv.6-14||28 / 40||26 / 40||27 / 40|
|Lv.15-19||29 / 41||27 / 41||28 / 41|
|Lv.20||30 / 42||28 / 42||29 / 42|
Upgrading this aircraft to these levels will unlock the respective nicknames for use at any time.
- Lv.3: Compound Eyes
- Lv.10: Aquila
- Lv.15: Hero of the Russian Federation
- Lv.20: Ruler of Frozen Grounds
- Default: Russian Air Force black body
- Event Skin #01: Snow camouflage
- Event Skin #02: T-50 prototype livery
- Event Skin #03: Russian Air Force splinter camouflage
- Both Illich and Markov (Especially the latter one) are capable of doing two counter-maneuvers that the player is incapable of doing. The first that can be described as a half Kulbit where Markov/Illich turn their PAK-FA directly towards the player often damaging the players aircraft with their Machine Gun. The other which is the Cobra turn, an advanced version of the Cobra Maneuver which is performed by tilting the nose upwards and then yawing right and heading back towards the player.
- Also, Markov's aircraft can release a salvo of 4 missiles with capabilities resembling 4AAM and QAAM that can fly backwards towards the player in the final battle between Warwolf 1 and Markov. These missiles can only be spoofed if flares are deployed within the final phase of the missile homing onto the target or alternatively, the utilisation of an ECM will completely neutralise all missiles both before, during and after launch towards the player.
- The jet model used in Assault Horizon features instruments that in real life are solely use for testing the prototype, such as the extension on the nose tip and the many pitot tubes. The real production aircraft will likely lack most of these instruments, as they provide no benefit in combat.