Its inclusion in Infinity marks the first time an Ace Combat 3 aircraft was featured in another Ace Combat game.
Produced in the first half of the 21st century, the Delphinus #1 laid the foundation for Neucom's R-numeral series of aircraft. The jet was developed using Neucom's expertise in the aviation field, being built from newly developed composites and alloys. It is powered by high-powered turbofan engines, and uses laminar flow control technology to dynamically manage airflow. The R-101 pioneered the AI-handled development techniques employed by Neucom by 2040.
The aircraft's specifications are as follows:
- Length: 20.48m
- Width: 12.6m
- Height: 4.10m
- Weight: 8,098 kg
- Max Speed
- Japanese Release: 2,856 km/h
- International Release: 3,992 km/h
We've still got some work for you, too, so don't slack off now.
This article or section is a stub. You can help by expanding it.
The R-101 was the main fighter aircraft of Neucom's armed forces during the Intercorporate War, where it served on the frontlines. It was eventually upgraded into the R-102 and R-103. An export model, the R-101U, was sold to the UPEO to reinforce their own air fleet.
The R-101 was developed by Neucom in the Infinity universe as well. After its design was created, Neucom sold the plans to Wernher and Noah Enterprises to be developed under their Advanced Automated Aviation Plants for use among United Nations Forces mercenary pilots.
Ace Combat Infinity
- "Developed by Neucom, the Delphinus series of aircraft forms the core of the "R-numeral" fleet. This is the first aircraft within the Delphinus series. It uses technology from Neucom, the leading company in the aerospace industry. 90% of its airframe structure is comprised of new materials and it also features a newly developed high power engine. In addition, the airflow across the aircraft surface is controlled dynamically via laminar flow control technology. When this aircraft was first revealed, it's sic] state of the art technology captured the attention of people around the world including military personnel.
*The in-game screen display will change to a design inspired by ACE COMBAT 3 when this aircraft is used."
- ― Hangar
How to Unlock
- The R-101 Delphinus #1 can be unlocked through the Aircraft Tree.
- The R-101 is the first aircraft in Infinity to come with special features. When flying an R-101, the player's HUD will look similar to that from Ace Combat 3: Electrosphere in all three camera views. The sound effects for locking on and firing a missile are replaced by those from Ace Combat 3 (the standard high-pitched tone for standard missile lock, and a lower-pitch tone for special weapon lock). The "Destroyed" display is also replaced by "Bingo" or "Bulls Eye", complete with the female voice-acted line from Ace Combat 3 for each. In addition, during Mission Updates, the preview image at the top-right will slide into and out of view instead of popping in and out on the standard HUD.
Credit Price Calculator
The calculator below shows the total credit price to upgrade this aircraft between any two levels. Enable "NSU Form" if a Nonstandard Upgrade Request Form will be used to negate the Lv.5->Lv.6 price. The total will update automatically.
These are the minimum / maximum part slots this aircraft carries at the respective levels. Part slots can be added until they reach maximum by repeatedly sortieing with the aircraft; see Tuning for more information. A maximum of 7 parts can be equipped at any time, regardless of available slots.
|BODY / Max||ARMS / Max||MISC / Max|
|Lv.1-5||29 / 38||27 / 38||28 / 38|
|Lv.6-14||31 / 40||29 / 40||30 / 40|
|Lv.15-19||32 / 41||30 / 41||31 / 41|
|Lv.20||33 / 42||31 / 42||32 / 42|
Upgrading this aircraft to these levels will unlock the respective nicknames for use at any time.
- Lv.3: SARF
- Lv.10: NEU Consulting Pilot
- Lv.15: Chief Consulting Pilot
- Lv.20: Sky Gangster
- Default: Air superiority gray
Ace Combat 3: Electrosphere
How to Unlock
- Japanese version:
- International version: Complete Scramble with an A rank.
- Power: Low
- Mobility: Low-Medium
- Stability: Low
- Armor: Minimal
- Attack: Low
- "Delphinus" is Latin for "dolphin". The word is used as the genus for the common dolphin as well as the constellation Delphinus.
- The YR-99 Forneus from Ace Combat X: Skies of Deception bears a resemblance to the R-101. Coincidentally, both aircraft use laminar flow control technologies, likely implying that Simon Cohen used the Forneus as an inspiration for the Delphinus in the Nemo Project, but it is unknown whether the R-101 was already developed by that time.