- This article is about the conceptual republic. For the continent, see Anea.
The Republic of Anea, also known as the Republic of Anea Initiative, was a conceptual country that would combine the three countries that existed on the Anean continent: Emmeria, Estovakia, and Nordennavic. Efforts to make the republic a reality began in 2004, but were halted in 2008 due to the ongoing Estovakian Civil War.
The initiative of merging all three Anean countries into one may have existed for some time in the late 20th century. However, the concept never came close to realization until the 21st century.
In 2004, the Preparatory Agency for the Republic of Anea was founded to push the initiative forward. The Preparatory Agency went so far as to name Mante as the capital city of the new Anean republic, and world maps were modified to reflect the changes.
In 2008, the G7 Summit took place aboard the Arkbird. The summit recognized Anea as a single republic, implying that representatives for Emmeria, Estovakia, and Nordennavic were sent to represent the republic as a whole.
However, either during or immediately after the summit, the Preparatory Agency froze the initiative due to the worsening situation in Estovakia during its civil war. By 2015, the Republic of Anea did not exist, and all three countries returned to being separate entities.
- The Republic of Anea Initiative mirrors similar efforts on the Usean continent, particularly in the 20th century, to protect the Usean countries from the growing influence of Osea and Yuktobania.
- The Republic of Anea is only explained in Ace Combat 6: Fires of Liberation supporting material, indicating that the countries of Emmeria, Estovakia, and Nordennavic did not exist internally at Project Aces until Ace Combat 6 development began. Therefore, the Republic of Anea Initiative is considered a retroactive continuity (retcon) to explain the official Strangereal map developed for Ace Combat 5: The Unsung War only displaying Anea.
- Anea appears as one nation in the latest map of Strangereal, it is possible that the nations unified following the Emmeria-Estovakia War.
- However, a Weekly Famitsu post described Emmeria and Estovakia as still being two separate countries.