Ridge Racer is an arcade racing franchise created by Namco. The series is themed on racing against opponents by drifting through corners and extensive use of nitrous.
The series features extensive references to the Ace Combat series as sponsors on various race courses and cars.
References to Ace Combat
Ridge Racer, Rave Racer and Ridge Racer Revolution
- Billboards advertising Air Combat (arcade) (Air Combat 22 in Rave Racer and Air Combat (PS1) in Revolution) can be seen on certain tracks.
- Billboards advertising Ace Combat 2 can be seen on certain tracks.
Ridge Racer V
- The names holding many of the top times in the records screen are the names of characters from Ace Combat 3: Electrosphere, e.g. Dision, Fiona, and Cynthia.
Ridge Racer (PSP) and Ridge Racer 2 (PSP)
- In various tracks, a number of passenger jets feature the Air Ixiom livery.
Ridge Racer 6
- Ace Combat-themed versions of standard vehicles can be found on numerous cars as the player progresses. Some examples include the NightRaven Bisonte of Assoluto, the Arkbird Meltfire, and the Erusea Raggio of Soldat.
- Certain tracks have DHC-8 Series 800 aircraft with the emblems of the ISAF and Erusea on their tails, as well as Neucom, General Resource, and even Ouroboros.
Ridge Racer 7
- In addition to the airliners, adverts and Ace Combat-themed cars, General Resource has both a trial race (fittingly called Sublimation Trial) and a Nitrous brand. They specialize in Reverse Nitrous (charges while drifting), Automatic Nitrous (charges by itself), and Hi Nitrous (greater power in favor of boost time).
- In the 'Machine Connector' menu, emblems from the Ace Combat series can be applied on the roof of the player's cars.
- A billboard featuring A Blue Dove for the Princess and Ace Combat 3's official artwork of R-101 Delphinus 1 can be seen at the Airport Lap. Another Ace Combat 3 official artwork can be seen on a grandstand near the beach at Seaside Route 765.
Ridge Racer 3D
- Several Ace Combat-themed logos (AC3 themed logos, ISAF, Erusea, AC and AC2 versions of the Phoenix logo, and theGleipnir logo) are available as Racer Icons.
- On one of the tracks in the game, the UPEO emblem can be seen on the blimp flying over.
- Passenger jets with the Air Erusea livery and Erusea billboards can be seen on several tracks.
Ridge Racer Unbounded
- Ace Combat: Assault Horizon themed livery for Sylviane Type 8 is included in Ridge Racer: Unbounded - Extended Pack: 3 Vehicles + 5 Paint Jobs Downloadable Content.
References to the series
Ace Combat 2
- The city of Port Edwards features numerous references to Ridge Racer. The list includes:
- The series' mascot, Reiko Nagase;
- Assoluto, a Ridge Racer vehicle manufacturer;
- The Assoluto Istante (incorrectly spelled as "Istanet"), a vehicle from Rage Racer;
- A Cessna-like light aircraft with water pontoons, an aircraft that appears repeatedly throughout the Ridge Racer series;
- And Terrazi (incorrectly spelled as "Terazzi"), a Ridge Racer vehicle manufacturer and an enemy unit in Xevious.
Ace Combat 5: The Unsung War
Ace Combat X: Skies of Deception
- The newspaper seen in End of Deception I's ending cutscene features an article with cars from Ridge Racer 6, including a powersliding Assoluto Fatalita.
Ace Combat 6: Fires of Liberation
- The -THE IDOLMASTER MAKOTO- model of the Typhoon includes the number 13 and a yellow devil in the rear of the aircraft, the same items used in a recurring Ridge Racer vehicle, the Soldat Crinale.