- This article is about an in-game mission. For the in-universe event, see Operation Glory Horn.
- "A group of comrades has come to our aide. Protect these brave souls! Commence battle. We are not alone!"
- ― Nicholas A. Andersen
Sea of Chaos is the 26th campaign mission in Ace Combat 5: The Unsung War. The player must destroy a fleet of Yuktobanian ships and a fleet of Osean ships threatening the OFS Kestrel and her battle group.
The situation is critical. We must help provide stability as quickly as possible. The Kestrel CIC's IFF info will be directly connected to your HUD, so you'll be able to get an ID on your targets. Engage and render powerless all forces carrying out acts of aggression against the Kestrel and our new allied fleet.
The player's objective is to destroy all enemy ships and aircraft. While there are allied Yuktobanian ships joining the player, their survival is not required for the mission.
After the player sinks seven Yuke ships, an Osean fleet and supporting aircraft will appear and become TGTs. The mission will end in success when all TGTs in both fleets are destroyed.
| || DESTROYER|
| || AEGIS|
| || CRUISER|
| || OS.DESTROYER|
| || OS.AEGIS|
| || OS.CRUISER|
Main article: Ace Combat 5: The Unsung War/Aces
|Rafale B "DECODER"||1700||Normal||[note 6]|
Earning an S rank on this mission requires completing it in 9 minutes or less. It is highly recommended to use an aircraft equipped with LASMs in order to sink all of the ships in a short amount of time. The Rafale M and F-35C Lightning II are best, since they come equipped with 14 LASMs, the most in the game.
The chaos has subsided. All Yuktobanian ships in the area, as well as all hostile Osean forces, have been brought under control. A decision was made to quickly form a combined fleet of Yuktobanian and Osean ships, with the Kestrel as its flagship.
- ↑ The Su-32s will spawn after the player shoots down the Su-27s.
- ↑ The Typhoons will spawn after the player shoots down the Su-32s.
- ↑ The F-2As will spawn a short while after the Osean fleet spawns.
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 The F-35Cs and F/A-22As will spawn after the player shoots down the Typhoons and F-2As.
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 5.2 5.3 5.4 The Osean ships (marked OS.) will spawn after the player sinks seven or more Yuktobanian ships. They will appear as friendly for a few moments, and then turn into enemies.
- ↑ DECODER will spawn after the player sinks all ships or shoots down all aircraft, whichever comes first. DECODER will appear directly in front of the player.