Selatapura is a highly-developed port city, with a large port area and developing residential and business center. The International Space Elevator is built on an island near the city, with a long bridge linking the two together. Selatapura also features a large military presence, including an airfield and naval forces, likely as support for the space elevator.
The city was the site of at least one major battle during the Lighthouse War. Erusean forces seized the space elevator and engaged the international military forces stationed there, sinking a large number of warships.
- "Selatapura" is a hybrid name derived from two languages: selatan from Malay, and pura from Sanskrit, which mean "south" and "city" respectively.
- Selatapura is highly reminiscent of Singapore. It features curved buildings very similar to the Marina Bay Sands, a district similar to that of the Central Area, and a stadium that looks exactly like the National Stadium.
- According to the latest maps of Strangereal's Earth, Selatapura—and the entirety of the Gunther Peninsula—is in contested territory claimed by Erusea.
- ↑ 『エースコンバット7 スカイズ・アンノウン』河野Pへインタビュー！ 巨大港湾都市“セラタプラ”とは？【先出し週刊ファミ通】. Famitsu. Published 3 October 2017. Retrieved 3 October 2017.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 Famitsu Weekly scan, thanks to famigeki on Tumblr, with a new interview with Kono. Published on 4 October 2017. Retrieved on 4 October 2017.
- ↑ Whiskey Corridor, Ace Combat 04: Shattered Skies.
- ↑ ［TGS 2017］「エースコンバット7」の物語は単純な善悪の戦いではない――河野Pにストーリーの概要や登場キャラクターの関係などを聞いた. 4gamer.net. Published on 26 September 2017. Retrieved on 4 October 2017.
- ↑ Two-pronged strategy, Ace Combat 7: Skies Unknown.
- ↑ File:Strangereal Map AC7.jpg.
- ↑ File:Usean Topographical Map.jpg.
- ↑ Sitting Duck, Ace Combat 04: Shattered Skies.
- ↑ Introduction cutscene, Ace Combat: Assault Horizon Legacy.