All right, gentlemen, it's time to clean house!
This article or section may require a cleanup to meet Acepedia's quality standards.
- This article is about an in-game mission. For the in-universe event, see Operation Lagoon.
- "Shut your mouth and fire back!"
- ― Jack Bartlett
Perrault: At ease, people...but don't get too comfortable. It's a grave situation for all of us right now. Let's get this briefing started.
Briefing Officer: Another aircraft of unknown origin has entered Osean Federation Airspace. We have confirmed the target type as a strategic recon plane flying at very high altitude. Despite our repeated warning, it continued to penetrate our ADEZ and was fired upon by Osean Coastal Defense Force SAMS. We believe one of our SAMS damaged the unknown plane, but did not destroy it. Radar shows that the aircraft is currently losing altitude, and is attempting to egress feet wet towards the ocean. Intercept this target and force it to land for identification. Do not fire upon this aircraft until further orders are transmitted.
When playing this level in Campaign Mode, you cannot choose their aircraft. Instead, you are provided with an F-5E Tiger II. When playing in Free Mission, the you can only choose your own aircraft (and not the aircraft of the Wingmen). At the start of the mission, there is some introductory dialogue between Heartbreak One, Chopper, and Edge. When an unidentified aircraft- an SR-71 Blackbird- appears on screen, you need to veer to the right in order to follow. The SR-71 cannot be fired upon, or the mission ends in failure.
After flying around the SR-71 for a while, more unidentified fighters appear to the East. Follow Heartbreak One and turn to meet them. You cannot fire on these fighters, yet, either. However, the enemy fighters will fire upon you, so be on the look out for Missile Warnings. After a brief discussion between Heartbreak One and AWACS Thunderhead, you will be able to engage the enemy MiG-21 Fishbeds at will. Shoot them all down, and the following waves of MiG-21s, to complete the mission.
To all Sand Island Base personnel: 1: Information regarding today's hostile encounter is to be classified. 2: Captain Jack Bartlett is ordered to report to base headquarters immediately. Sep. 24, 2010 Order E0111207 Osean Air Defense Force Central Command
- BAE Hawk "Gigantor": Appears above the final wave of enemies if other two were defeated quickly.
- Despite appearing solely in this level, the SR-71 Blackbird is unusually detailed. Flying above it, one can see YAF markings. Flying along side it, it is possible to see "Yuktobanian Air Force" painted in white letters on the side, revealing its allegiance.
- In early concept artwork of the game's opening, the aircraft used in Nagase's introduction were aircraft highly resembling Yak-28 Forger bombers.