The 126th Tactical Fighter Squadron "Silber" was an squadron of the Belkan Air Force. Known for a history of military victories and successes, Silber was one of the oldest known squadrons of the BAF.
Originally named the "105th Tactical Fighter Squadron", the current Silber Squadron was born when Dietrich Kellerman was assigned to the team around 1973. The "first season Silber Team" (as Kellerman's original formation was retroactively called) fought in the Rectan War in the same decade, defeating the Rectan Air Force in an engagement over the Mainz Mountains and allowing the Belkan Army to capture the Rectan capital of Cor.
In 1985, the unit became involved in the "The Wellow Incident", destroying several unknown aircraft that flew over Crescene Island in North Belka. Five years later, in 1990, Dietrich retired from the Belkan Air Force, leaving the Silber team (the "second season Silber team") to continue without him.
When the Belkan War broke out in 1995, Kellerman was called back to the frontlines to bolster troop morale. He returned to active duty with several pilots from the 9th Special Education Course, the "Kellerman Institution", giving birth to the third iteration of the Silber Squadron.
In their last combat action, the reformed Silber Squadron was sent as reinforcements during the Second Battle of B7R in May 28. The unit was engaged by the 66th Air Force Unit "Galm", and was completely destroyed. Kellerman survived. Dubbed the "squadron of tragedy", the battle saw the death of most of the team's pilots, causing Kellerman to permanently retire from aviation.
Silber One - Dietrich Kellerman
Joining the Belkan Air Force in the 70's, he made a name for himself as the Silver Eagle. He retired from service in the 90's, but at the out break of the Belkan War once again returned to service. On May 28th, 1995 he was shot down and again retired from service, he is now quietly living out his days in the remote countryside.
Silber Two - Ruppert Appling
Shot down in B7R. he miraculously survived, but because he was forced to land within Ustio territory, he was captured and made a Prisoner of War. He sat out the rest of the rest of the war in the Dessel Island Detention Center. After the war, he was freed and returned to Belka, where he now lives his life of an ordinary citizen.
Silber Three - Stefan Enders
Status: Killed in Action
Shot down in B7R. His aircraft slammed into the surrounding mountains exploding in flames, and received extensive damage. It was only after much effort that the aircraft's serial number could be retrieved and the pilot identified. The pilot's remain were sent to surviving family in his home country.
Silber four - Sven Burtlag
Status: Missing in Action
He is listed as missing in action during an operation in B7R. He reported attack conditions in his last transmission, but further detailed analysis was not possible due to heavy noise. No searches were conducted.
Silber five - Sebastian Hackenberg
Status: Killed in Action
He was a natural pilot who graduated the military Academy with top honors and sortied over one hundred times during the Belkan War. In accordance with his last will and testament, his inheritance was left to the War Orphans Fund.
- In German Silber means "silver". This is most likely referencing Dietrich Kellerman's nickname, "The Silver Eagle".
- In the reveal trailer of Ace Combat Zero in the 2005 Tokyo Game Show, the Silber flight was originally composed purely of Phantoms. Kellerman's aircraft retained the striped livery, while those of his wingmen were painted in a dual tone gray, similar to the F-4X.
- Also, when the Silber Team enters the battle, a Belkan pilot exclaims, "Phantom Jets? It's the Silver Eagle!" when in the final game, there is only one Phantom in the team. This means that the Phantoms of Silber 2 to 5 were replaced with F-16Cs at the last minute, and the developers forgot to replace or remove this line.
- In Ace Combat X: Skies of Deception, when the kill rate of the F-16C reaches 100%, a paint job very similar to that of the Silber team is unlocked, albeit keeping the Aurelian Air Force roundels.
- In Ace Combat 6: Fires of Liberation, the Tornado GR.4's SP color is very similar to that of the Silber Squadron.
- Silber squadron makes a brief appereance in the briefing screen set before Operation Eternal Liberation in Ace Combat Infinity as one of the squadrons of Task Force 118. Other squadrons of Ace Combat Zero also make an appereance like Crow, Espada, Sorcerer, Wizard and Schnee squadrons.