- For the pilot who used the callsign Sky Kid, see Stephen McCarthy.
Sky Kid was a 2D horizontal side-scrolling arcade shooter developed by Namco and released on arcade machines in 1985. It was Namco's first game that allowed for two-player gameplay. It originally released on the Namco Pac-Land hardware, but it was then ported to the Famicom followed by a release on the Virtual Console.
Sky Kid has been referenced numerous times in Ace Combat games:
- Ace Combat 04: Shattered Skies
- Ace Combat 5: The Unsung War
- Ace Combat 6: Fires of Liberation
- Stephen McCarthy uses the callsign "Sky Kid".
- One of McCarthy's wingmen uses the callsign "Red Baron".
- Another of McCarthy's wingmen uses the callsign "Blue Max".
- Ace Combat Infinity
- Camilla sings the theme to Sky Kid during her Mission Update in Moscow Battle.
- The Red Baron aircraft emblem was used in the Beta Test Bonus Emblem. It was also available standalone as part of the login bonuses in mid-June 2015.
- As part of Update 13, a Sky Kid Naval Fleet Assault Ranking Tournament took place in mid-February 2016. 3D models of the Sky Kid aircraft were made available for players to earn: SKY KID -Red Baron #1- , SKY KID -Red Baron #2- , and SKY KID -Blue Max #1- as well as character emblems of Red Baron and Blue Max. A fourth aircraft, SKY KID -Blue Max #2- , was made available as a Limited-Time Drop during the same period.