|For the Stonehenge from Ace Combat 04, see Stonehenge Turret Network (Strangereal).|
|Stonehenge Turret Network|
|Manufacturer||Various nations in the world|
|Function||Asteroid interception, anti-air|
|Creation||1994 - 1999|
United States of America
|Destruction||Type-3 destroyed in 2019|
|Appearances||Ace Combat Infinity|
Six Stonehenge facilities were constructed:
- Type-0 in China (a test unit)
- Type-1 in the United States
- Type-2 in Australia
- Type-3 in Turkey (Destroyed)
- Type-4 in Namibia
- Type-5 in Argentina
Some refer to them as Type-0, Type-1, and four Type-5s, respectively, since the latter four facilities are nearly identical.
The railgun network was conceived after the discovery of over 10,000 meteors heading for the planet Earth in 1994. The world's nations decided to create multiple facilities in different corners of the world to prevent as much damage as they could.
In 1999, when the asteroids made impact with the Earth, the Stonehenge facilities managed to prevent a mass extinction, but the planet was still severely damaged. 20% of it was destroyed, and there was likely a huge loss of life.
Destruction of Type-3Edit
- Main article: Operation Crusher
20 years after the event, the Type-3 unit in Turkey was captured by enemy forces from the Iyuli region. Bone Arrow Squadron, Ridgeback Squadron and ground forces from the United Nations Forces worked together to destroy the facility. Reaper was notably the best pilot during this operation, destroying most or all of the turrets.
- The network is the "real world" equivalent of the original Stonehenge Turret Network from Ace Combat 04: Shattered Skies. However, while Ace Combat 04 only featured one Stonehenge, Infinity shows that six were built all around the world.
- It is not clear what happened to the other five facilities during the events of 2019.