The Sukhoi Su-24MP Fencer is a Soviet-built ELINT (Electronic Signals Intelligence) variant of the original Su-24 Fencer model, intended to replace the Yakovlev Yak-28 Brewer-E. New upgrades to the Fencer-F model include additional antennas for intelligence-gathering sensors and omittion of the laser/TV fairing, yet it retains the original's capability to carry up to four AA-8 Aphid missiles for self-defense. The Fencer lacks internal cannons. In game it instead has two UPK-23-250 gun pods mounted on underwing pylons, much like the Su-25 and MiG-21. Notably, only ten models of the Su-24MP were ever built.
Ace Combat Assault HorizonEdit
- "A large scale fighter that is also noted for its use as an electronic warfare aircraft. It can be equipped with an ECM (electronic countermeasure) pod that can scramble the enemy's missile guidance. The variable wings provide increased shift stability and allow for stable flight at any speed level. Its NATO codename is "Fencer." It has enhanced endurance compared to other fighter planes because of its heavy armor."
- ―In-game description.
The Su-24MP is one of the new aircraft included in Ace Combat: Assault Horizon. It was first seen in the announcement trailer, where a single allied Fencer and Su-25 was briefly seen assisting a player-controlled A-10A in attacking an enemy Kirov-class cruiser, only to be shot down by one of its SAM launchers.
In the game itself, the Su-24MP appears in "Hostile Fleet" as allies flown by the Russian Molot Squadron and Varona Squadron, who assist the Warwolf Squadron atttacking the enemy fleet, and in "Hurricane" as hostile trying to stop the player from getting to Akula and Illich.
- Color 1: Powder blue with Warwolf Squadron markings.
- Color 2: Russian Air Force. Brown camouflage pattern.
- Color 3: Warwolf Squadron. Russian Federation flag design.
- The Su-24MP is the only aircraft in Fighter class that has ECMP for its special weapon, with the rest under Multirole class. It is also the only Russian aircraft that can carry ECMP.
- Actually, the Su-24 Fencer was first conceived as a low-level, high-speed ground attack aircraft, a role it shared with the F-111 Aardvark.