Ace Combat 2Edit
In Ace Combat 2, the Su-35 is the canonical fighter of player character Scarface One. It is unlocked after finishing mission #13, "Power Play", costing 200,000$ to buy. In Extra mode, the Su-35 is replaced by the F-15S.
Ace Combat 04: Shattered SkiesEdit
|Su-35 Super Flanker|
In Ace Combat 04: Shattered Skies, the Su-35 is a fighter aircraft used in-story by the Federal Erusean Air Force. It is seen in the mission "Escort", where units and a pair of MiG-29A Fulcrum fighters attack Air Ixiom's Flight 701 toward the end of the mission. An ace aircraft named Neujmin will spawn when the mission time reaches 1:30,
The Su-35 is unlocked after completing mission #15, "Emancipation". The basic aircraft costs 589,000$, while the Erusea and SP variants are worth 766,000$ each.
Ace Combat 5: The Unsung WarEdit
The Su-35 Super Flanker is a fighter aircraft used by the Yuktobanian Air Force. It the main aircraft used by the aggressor 5th Tactical Fighter Squadron "Ofnir", and is seen in the mission "Ghosts of Razgriz". It is the third aircraft of the Su-27 aircraft tree, and is unlocked alongside the Su-32 Strike Flanker upon filling the former's Kill Rate Gauge, at 111,800 pts. In the other hand, filling the Super Flanker's KRG (123,200 pts) will unlock the line's fourth and final aircraft, the Su-37 Terminator. Each individual unit costs 21,200$.
The Super Flanker is an aircraft engineered towards pure dogfighting, as reflected by its stats. It combines high speed, mobility and air-to-air capabilities in a single package, allowing it to engage enemy aircraft with a high degree of efficiency. On the downside, however, Air-to-Ground and defense have rather low values (respectively, 56 and 66.) It is armed with 80 basic missiles and fourteen XLAA weapons.
Ace Combat: Assault HorizonEditIn Ace Combat: Assault Horizon, the Su-35S Flanker-E is a mid-level fighter aircraft. It is the main fighter used by the forces of the New Russian Federation, including central antagonist Andrei Markov. In the game, the plane appears in many levels like "Nightmare", "Aftermath", "Home Front", Hurricane", and "Akula" as enemy fighters, and is usable for the first time starting from "Launch". During the time following the game's announcement, it was referred to as "Su-35BM".
In-game, it boasts high maneuverability, speed, and a large payload. These make it a truly menacing fighter to fly with or go up against. Given that it is the most powerful non-stealth aircraft, even having power and mobility comparable to more sophisticated fighters such as the F-22A and PAK FA, the Su-35S can take on anything with its 6AAM for longer ranges and QAAMs for short ranges.
In November 17, 2011, a downloadable paint scheme set based on Namco's Tekken series, named "TEKKEN JIN & KAZUYA" was released, which costs 4.99$ in the PS Store and 480 Microsoft Points in the Xbox Marketplace. Both variants have been modified for close range combat.
- Andrei Markov (New Russian Federation)
- Nocturne (Co-op ace; removed from final build)
- Eclipse (Co-op ace; ditto)
- Executioner - Multiplayer: Co-op
- Fury - Multiplayer: Co-op
- Mantis - Multiplayer: Co-op
- Gun: 1x Gsh 301 30mm cannon
- Missile: 2x R-60MK Aphid
- 6AAM: Novator K-100 (AC: AH)
- QAAM: Vympel R-73EM Archer (AC: AH)
- During the development of Ace Combat 2, the Namco team wanted the player to be able to perform the Flanker family's signature "Pugachev's Cobra" with the Su-35. Towards the development deadline, they managed to allow the AI to perform the maneuver, but were unable to let the player perform it. Right before the game's release, the development crew modified some parameters to allow players to perform a rudimentary Cobra, but the feature was ultimately removed.
- The large numbers of enemy Su-35s appearing in AH suggest that the plane has gone under mass production in the game's universe. In reality, it is still in limited use by VVS, even though Venezuela has placed an order for the Su-35S.
- The Su-35S is one of the few, if not only, aircraft where the front wheel is lower than the back wheels.
- In mission 8: Pipeline, Markov's Su-35S appears and drops a Trinity missile which means that the PAK FA is not the only aircraft able to carry an EW1. However the Trinity missile cannot be used by the player with the Su-35S.