- "Talisman, I know I've been a pain in the butt, and I want to thank you for all you've done. I-I don't know how to say this, but... you're like a part of my family."
- ― Marcus Lampert
A cunning and deadly pilot, Talisman was an indispensable asset that greatly affected the outcome of the Emmeria-Estovakia War. His accomplishments include participating in the liberation of Gracemeria, destroying the Chandelier railgun and the P-1112 Aigaion, and shooting down Ilya Pasternak in the CFA-44 Nosferatu.
Information concerning Talisman's past prior to the Anean Continental War is nearly nonexistent; however, it is known that he served in the REAF under the role of capital defense as the flight leader of the 28th Fighter Squadron ever since 2013.
In August 30, 2015, Talisman, alongside dozens of Emmerian aircraft, scrambled from Gracemeria AFB in order to protect the capital from the unexpected Estovakian blitzkrieg. After Talisman taxied from the runway and joined up with the other REAF air contingents, flight commander AWACS Ghost Eye noted that Talisman lacked a wingman. A lone F-16C approached from the rear of the aircraft swarm towards Talisman; its pilot, Marcus Lampert, was then assigned to fly as Talisman's wingman.
During the battle, Talisman managed to shoot down most of the invading forces, including Victor Voychek, the leader of the Strigon Team. However, he was forced to retreat due to the P-1112 Aigaion's onslaught of Nimbus missiles. Talisman and Shamrock went on to become a pillar of hope for the Emmerian forces, becoming the backbone of their push back to Gracemeria, and a symbol of fear to the Estovakian opposition.
Two months after the war begins, Talisman was one of the remaining air units tasked with defending Vitoze. They shot down ten enemy bombers and numerous escorts. Several days later, they attacked Estovakian positions at Sipil fields. After driving them out, they headed towards Bartolomeo fortress, the last Estovakian stronghold on the island. Despite all its defenses, as well as the support of two Strigon members, Talisman and Shamrock led the Emmerians to victory.
Push into Anea, and Fall from Gracemeria
On January 26, 2016, Emmerian troops landed on their own soil, bent on taking it back. Talisman helped the Marigold's fleet, both tank battalions and defeated a swarm of Estovakian reinforcements. Days later, he helped liberate the town of Silvat, defeating Estovakian forces in the process, including four members of the elite Strigon Team. The war was turning into Emmeria's favor.
Weeks later, the Emmerians pushed further inland. Talisman covered Emmerian ground units at Selumna Peaks, liberated the town of San Loma, and helped bring down the Aigaion (ending the cruise missile threat), and shooting down most, if not, all the members of the Strigon Team. Talisman led the Emmerian forces against the impenetrable Ragno Fortress, flying through maintenance tunnels, supporting the tank battalion and destroying the supply lines, and doing whatever it took to capture the fortress.
Later, Talisman was sent to the Moloch Desert, pressing forwards towards Gracemeria, and put an end of the war. After supporting Guy "Snake Pit" Stewart, Hammerhead, Warlock battalion and Quox battalion, he was ordered to retreat from the airspace just, as coincidentally, the Strigon Team arrives. With his wingman, Shamrock, disobeyed orders and cut off his radio to engage the Strigon Team, Talisman was forced to engage and shoot down the enemy squadron. Displeased at the disobedience, Ghost Eye told them that they made a huge mistake and will be severely punished.
Redemption, and end of the war
Ot March 26, he and Shamrock infiltrated Fort Norton, with the goal of destroying the WMD that the Estovakians had deployed. After destroying the WMD transport unit, the duo attempted to fly home, but were ambushed by a battalion of enemy fighters. After a long and grueling fight, Talisman and Shamrock were saved by the timely arrival of the Emmerian Air Force squadrons. After wiping out the battalion, they headed towards Gracemeria.
On March 31, 2016, Talisman helped Emmerian forces take back the capital, destroying a number of Estovakian fighters and liberating the capital. However, Pasternak arrived, and challenged him to a duel. After a long and bitter battle, Talisman managed to kill Pasternak.
Cruise missile attack, and destruction of Chandelier
While doing a routine patrol over the liberated city of Gracemeria, he received word of enemy presence northeast of the capital. They quickly turned out to be cruise missiles. Talisman destroyed numerous waves of cruise missiles, further complictated by the attacking Estovakian stealth fighters. His superior flying skills enabled him to deal with the attacks and shot down all Estovakian fighters in the city.
On April 1, Garuda Team and their allied squadrons headed out to destroy the Chandelier, an Estovakian rail gun designed to intercept the Ulysses asteroids. On the way there, they received data from Victor Voychek, a member of the Estovakian Air Force. After a brutal battle, he and Shamrock destroyed all twelve cooling units, enemy air defenses, naval ships, defense fighters and the remaining members of Strigon Team. Talisman flew into the loading trench with the goal of destroying the backup cooling unit, similar to how when Mobius One took down Megalith. He flew into the barrel, destroy the core of the cannon. He escaped before the Chandelier collapses on itself. With the war officially over, he headed back to Gracemeria.
Appearances in other Ace Combat titles
Ace Combat: Assault Horizon
- Talisman's livery is available for the F-15E Strike Eagle and CFA-44 Nosferatu. The paint scheme for the F-15E Strike Eagle is unlocked alongside a "Garuda" callsign once the player has completed the campaign at least once. Talisman's livery for the CFA-44 Nosferatu acts as the aircraft's default paint scheme in the game.
Ace Combat Infinity
- The F-15E -Talisman- as well as "Talisman" and "Garuda" nicknames were available as Ranking Tournament rewards and were later added to the Skilled Pilot Medal Exchange.
- A talisman is an object of luck and good fortune. Talisman himself proves to have some luck throughout the war, such as flying out of Chandelier just prior to its explosion, as well as being saved from the enemy battalion during the Fort Norton infiltration.
- Talisman's aircraft livery is the standard Garuda Team livery, which was later featured in Ace Combat: Assault Horizon and Ace Combat Infinity, the latter as its own Special Aircraft, the F-15E -Talisman- .
- ↑ Ace Combat 6 Assault Records #45 Garuda 1.
- ↑ Invasion of Gracemeria, Ace Combat 6: Fires of Liberation.
- ↑ Siege on Silvat, Ace Combat 6: Fires of Liberation.
- ↑ The Moloch Desert, Ace Combat 6: Fires of Liberation.
- ↑ The Liberation of Gracemeria, Ace Combat 6: Fires of Liberation.
- ↑ Chandelier, Ace Combat 6: Fires of Liberation.
- ↑ Ace Combat: Assault Horizon.
- ↑ Ace Combat Infinity.