The first half of the mission is a control tutorial. Players will learn or re-learn, in order:
- Taking off
- Ascending and descending
- Turning or rolling (depending on control setting)
- Leveling the aircraft
- Acceleration and deceleration
- High-G Turn
- Firing standard missiles
- Using the radar
- Firing machine guns
- Switching targets
The player will then be given a free-for-all opportunity to fly through rings or destroy dummy targets that have been placed around the map.
After five minutes, the mission will complete.
- The player can replay this mission as many times as they want, whether they have fuel or not; however, it does not count for anything. Additionally, the player can choose to spawn into the middle of the mission simply for the target practice rather than the control tutorial.
- The player takes off from Marine Corps Air Station Miramar.
- The background music of the mission is "Blockade" from the Ace Combat 04: Shattered Skies Original Soundtrack.
- Several F/A-18F Super Hornets and a single F-14A Tomcat can be found in the airfield.
- Several Ticonderoga-class Cruisers, several more Zumwalt-class destroyers and three Nimitz-class aircraft carriers can be seen in the San Diego military holding docks.
- Even though this is Infinity's tutorial mission, it counts as Mission 00 of the campaign, indicating that this is most likely Reaper's training mission before joining Bone Arrow Squadron.
- There are a total 70 dummy targets spread over the map which consist of 16 aerial, 51 ground, and 3 sea dummy targets.
- Destroying dummy targets will count the player's total kills listed in Stats under Options menu. This progress can be done if the player sticks to the mission until the timer runs out.
- This way usually is used by players to grind the kills count in order for unlocking "Countless Kills" and "Incalculable Amount of Damage" trophies.
|Ace Combat Infinity Missions|