- This article is about an in-game mission. For the in-universe event, see Operation Choker One.
- For the place with the same nickname, see Area B7R, Belka.
- "This is the Round Table. Dead men's words hold no meaning."
- ― Larry Foulke
Head Operations has issued an emergency order for a reconnaissance mission to be conducted near the border. You will be monitoring the airspace B7R currently under Belkan control. Strong opposition is expected by enemy squadrons, and the presence of a magnetic field has been detected, which may interfere with communications. In short, this will not be a walk in the park. The B7R airspace is located above an area rich in subterranean resources, where many conflicts have been fought in the past. You're authorized to engage enemy planes upon contact. The time has come for your skills to be tested.
When the player spawns, they will be surrounded by many air targets depending on their Ace Style, but none of which are mission-important. The only thing the player has to do is fly northwest into B7R airspace to continue the mission.
Once the player enters B7R airspace, a Belkan ace squadron marked as TGT will appear. The player will complete the mission once they shoot down the ace squadron.
The following enemy lists are taken from the Ace Combat Zero: The Belkan War Perfect Guide Book.
|Mission Update||Typhoon "Rot"||2400||4||Mercenary Ace Style|
|F/A-18C "Grun"||1680||4||Soldier Ace Style|
|JAS-39C "Indigo"||2040||4||Knight Ace Style|
Main article: Ace Combat Zero: The Belkan War/Aces
All of the following units only show up on the player's second playthrough (and subsequent playthroughs) of the campaign.
|AR #||Unit||Points|| Minimum|
|014||X-29A "Tausend"||1150||Normal||Mercenary||[note 4]|
|019||Tornado GR.4 "GrauFalk 1"||1310||Normal||Soldier||[note 4]|
|020||Tornado GR.4 "GrauFalk 2"||1310||Normal||Soldier||[note 4]|
|025||F-16XL "Amsel"||1280||Normal||Knight||[note 4]|
- 10,960 points for Mercenary
- 8,080 points for Soldier
- 9,520 points for Knight
The player must destroy as many of the non-TGT bandits as possible. On easier difficulties, all of these bandits must be destroyed for the S rank. It's recommended to do so before entering B7R airspace, since the enemy ace squadron will make engaging the other enemies more difficult.
Well done. I'll make sure Head Operations hears about how you defeated an elite squad of enemy Typhoons. Now go rest up. You've earned it.
Thanks to your success, we managed to confuse Belka. You've caught the attention of Head Operations.
It seems B7R is more heavily guarded than we thought. If it wasn't for you, this ploy of ours probably would have failed. Keep up the good work.
- Even though the mission commander states that the magnetic field in B7R may interfere with communications in the briefing, all characters can communicate perfectly.
- The Round Table is one of the few missions in which aircraft are identified by name, as Pixy mentions the name of each ace squadron's aircraft when their respective encounter begins.
- The ace battle in this mission is alluded to in the promotional book "Confession of a Soldier". In page #3, the narrator states his hearing rumors of a "large scale battle" over the border, along with the official Belkan declaration that Galm was defeated by an unnamed squadron and fled. This indicates that Belka covered up the incident to maintain soldiers' morale.
- The player starts at different altitudes depending on their Ace Style: 390 meters for Mercenary, 1171 meters for Soldier, and 3906 meters for Knight.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 These F-4Es and MiG-21s only appear on Very Easy and Easy difficulties.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 These F-4Es and MiG-21s only appear on Normal and Hard difficulties.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 These F-4Es and MiG-21s only appear on Expert and Ace difficulties.
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 4.3 These aces only show up if the player shoots down four of the optional targets within the first five minutes of the mission.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Ace Combat Zero: The Belkan War Perfect Guide Book, pages 054-055.
|Ace Combat Zero: The Belkan War Missions|