FANDOM


  • Today we mourn the loss of the 12,000+ people that perished during Operation Ravage, and we commend the actions of the Unknown Belkan Separatist Squadron, Galm Team, and Crow Team in attempting to prevent the nuclear detonations.

    Whenever you see this message, just take one minute out of your busy day and your time to play the track "15 Years Ago" and silently pray for those lost in the tragic event, and pray that Strangereal will never face another tragedy of that sort ever again.

      Loading editor
    • Quoting Seryozha Viktrovich Nikanor:

      "To those who still dare to hide behind the power of their hateful weapons, bring yourself before the light of peace and harmony."

      And a quote from Ace Combat 4:
      « The flames of hatred scorch the skies... Igniting Gaia's funeral pyre.

        Loading editor
    • All intelligence beings must pass an inevitable trial: The appropriate utilization of nuclear power. Principality of Belka failed it. We hope rest of humanity won't undergo same mistake.

        Loading editor
    • Yes, it truly is the tragedy of war and human folly. Those who use evil cannot bring good.

      But that is why we aces fly the skies. That is why all our heroes, armed forces and not, do what they do, to ensure that "The sun will continue to rise, now and forever."

        Loading editor
    • I'll never forget that day, for as long as I live. Respect to all people who lost their lives to these weapons of pure and vile evil.

      But for those who still fly our skies in protection of our nations, I thank you. And, I, myself, will strive to see that the current peace between the nations will be kept for future generations. I hope you too can help me keep this.

        Loading editor
    • However, I beseech all pilots to observe this event from a different angle: It was Osean Federation exploited the economic difficulties of Principality of Belka to an extreme extent at the first place, thus allowed fascism to rise in power. A fine innuendo of how Germany was treated after World War One and why Nazi was chosen by German population. We Chinese have an old saying: A cornered hare bites. If we don't understand to stop pushing others to edge of cliff, to give others sufficient places to live, such tragedy may happen again and again.

        Loading editor
    • It's completely true, but it doesn't completely excuse them. As I said to a group on Facebook, Belka's politicians could have entered talks with Osean President Vincent Harling (who was likely not involved in cutting up Belka's land post-Belkan War) in figuring out how to get at least some of Belka's land back. Harling is anti-war; he would have gladly cooperated with Belka and figured out how to secure a safe future for both countries.

        Loading editor
    • I have see that in the post pf Mobius reaper :

      The flames of hatred scorch the skies... Igniting Gaia's funeral pyre.

      Semm to be 'a quote of AC4 .


      I have finich the game several times and i have not see that .

      At the end of the war : Prime minister Nikanor and the president harling claim a cissfire .

      On real life it is impossible to the war continue .

      Prime minister lead the army but prime minister is lead by the president .

      For osea the problem is fix .

      For Yuktobonia it is the 1st minister if give an order if is not accept by the leaders of his country .

      Please take it part to that situation on real life because the story on the AC 5 can happend one day .

        Loading editor
    • Amidst the blue skies, a link from past to future. The sheltering wings of the protector...
      The flames of hatred scorch the skies... Igniting Gaia's funeral pyre.

      That shows up in the opening of the Ace Combat 04: Shattered Skies trailer that plays if you don't press anything at the title screen.

      About the other thing; Yuktobania is a union of republics, similar to the United Kingdom. The UK has a Prime Minister who controls the armed forces and acts as a Presidential figure. Same with Yuktobania. There is no President of Yuktobania.

        Loading editor
    • "War does not determine who is right - only who is left." -Bertrand Russell

      Sadly, we also need to remember that it was Belka's own desperation that led to its fall. Belka could have emerged as one of Strangereal's superpowers today. Standing alongside with Osea and Yuktobania. But it was not meant to be. The folly of humans have shattered the pride and blood of Belka greatly. The once noble blood of prodigious knights that once showered the people in this land with praise is all gone now.. In its place is a broken and sad country....

        Loading editor
    • Thank sly , i am french so when that quote of world appears without translate it is hard to read everything so fast and translate .

        Loading editor
    • But i think to we also see that king of message just before begin few missions .


      The flames of hatred scorch the skies... Igniting Gaia's funeral pyres .

      I know to gaia is a kind of god but what that mean .

        Loading editor
    • SlyCooperFan1 wrote:
      Amidst the blue skies, a link from past to future. The sheltering wings of the protector...
      The flames of hatred scorch the skies... Igniting Gaia's funeral pyre.That shows up in the opening of the Ace Combat 04: Shattered Skies trailer that plays if you don't press anything at the title screen.

      About the other thing; Yuktobania is a union of republics, similar to the United Kingdom. The UK has a Prime Minister who controls the armed forces and acts as a Presidential figure. Same with Yuktobania. There is no President of Yuktobania.


      I think Yuktobania is more similar to USSR, although a combination of multiple republics, but function like a de facto single entity. To bad Yuktobania also involved into exploiting Principality of Belka during and after Belkan War, thus secured their position on the revenge list produced by Grey Men.


      Nico24 wrote:
      But i think to we also see that king of message just before begin few missions .


      The flames of hatred scorch the skies... Igniting Gaia's funeral pyres .

      I know to gaia is a kind of god but what that mean .

      Gaia is a greek godness who represents Earth. So the hatred of humankind will burn the planet to its doom, just like the Operation Judgement Day of ACE Combat 04, millions of asteroid fragments falling from heaven bolide-like, as if the sky is crumbling, that is God's rage on humanity's sin. And even at that moment of apocalypse, there are still someone try to wage the final battle against the world, just like those ballastic missiles rising from Stronghold Megalith.

        Loading editor
    • Very true. That's also why the mission was called Operation: Judgement Day. Ace Combat loves symbolism. :)

        Loading editor
    • Infinity 1 wrote:
      Very true. That's also why the mission was called Operation: Judgement Day. Ace Combat loves symbolism. :)


      Nevertheless we shall not forget.

        Loading editor
    • I well never forget this day and all does people that lost their lives thanks sly for posting this message

        Loading editor
    • Infinity 1 wrote:
      Very true. That's also why the mission was called Operation: Judgement Day. Ace Combat loves symbolism. :)

      If you look essentially everything in the Ace Combat Universe, at least Strangereal is symbolism and it's not really that subtle either.

        Loading editor
    • Meh, what is this? Do you guys realize that there is no difference between conventional bombs to nuclear bombs, right? To be honest, even in size, its cheaper just make 9999 napalm bombs that will make more damage than a nuke instead making a single nuke. In the second war a single raid on Tokyo killed more people than the two nukes, burned about 40% of the city and didnt required years of research and development to do.

      "b-but radiation" yeh well, fun fact: normal bombs are made of radioactive material too; it was largely used in iraq.

      Stop living in a bubble.

      Btw, Belka didnt failed at good use of nukes; they protected their homeland of an invasion, this was a victory. It could be better, they could had dropped it on area B7R that was inhabited, but well, there is always a fat guy to mess things out.

        Loading editor
    • 200.185.219.102 wrote:
      Meh, what is this? Do you guys realize that there is no difference between conventional bombs to nuclear bombs, right? To be honest, even in size, its cheaper just make 9999 napalm bombs that will make more damage than a nuke instead making a single nuke. In the second war a single raid on Tokyo killed more people than the two nukes, burned about 40% of the city and didnt required years of research and development to do.

      "b-but radiation" yeh well, fun fact: normal bombs are made of radioactive material too; it was largely used in iraq.

      Stop living in a bubble.

      The Belkan war was a far more modern war than our WW2, as evidenced by the planes and tech used.  A modern nuke is 10s of times more powerful than the Hiroshima nuke... with hundreds of kilotons of payload... depending on the bomb.

      The Tokyo Fire Raids were so overwhelmingly damaging because A) Napalm is nasty stuff, and B) over 80% of Tokyo was made from wooden buildings at the time.

      The effect of of seven (yes 7) nuclear bombs is damaging enough to the landscape, but the nuclear bomb has an even greater ability to terrorize people's minds...

      Just seeing ONE nuclear explosion caused one of the members of the Enola Gay to go 'Oh my god what have we done?' Now imagine seeing SEVEN go off.

        Loading editor
    • Krescentwolf wrote:
      200.185.219.102 wrote:
      Meh, what is this? Do you guys realize that there is no difference between conventional bombs to nuclear bombs, right? To be honest, even in size, its cheaper just make 9999 napalm bombs that will make more damage than a nuke instead making a single nuke. In the second war a single raid on Tokyo killed more people than the two nukes, burned about 40% of the city and didnt required years of research and development to do.

      "b-but radiation" yeh well, fun fact: normal bombs are made of radioactive material too; it was largely used in iraq.

      Stop living in a bubble.

      The Belkan war was a far more modern war than our WW2, as evidenced by the planes and tech used.  A modern nuke is 10s of times more powerful than the Hiroshima nuke... with hundreds of kilotons of payload... depending on the bomb.

      The Tokyo Fire Raids were so overwhelmingly damaging because A) Napalm is nasty stuff, and B) over 80% of Tokyo was made from wooden buildings at the time.

      The effect of of seven (yes 7) nuclear bombs is damaging enough to the landscape, but the nuclear bomb has an even greater ability to terrorize people's minds...

      Just seeing ONE nuclear explosion caused one of the members of the Enola Gay to go 'Oh my god what have we done?' Now imagine seeing SEVEN go off.


      C) Large portion of Tokyo is poorly organzied (even after reconstructed), too dense for any valid fire protection measures (I used to visit Tokyo so I can comfirm this).

      D) It was windy when Grand Naplam Purge took place.

      From perspective of a Chinese, it served Japs right (as Scorching Valentine's Day of Dresden served those Huns right from perspective of a Soviet). But from perspective of homo sapiens...well, it's never something to be proud of.

        Loading editor
    • Much as we know, we can't expect to say that if we want a peace... we need a war... That kind of mindset was just wrong. Anything can be achieved by peaceful meassures and understanding means. If we wished for a better world, they should realize that war doesn't make us better than monster. Instead, we are the monster itself in the war...

        Loading editor
    • A FANDOM user
        Loading editor
Give Kudos to this message
You've given this message Kudos!
See who gave Kudos to this message