Hello and welcome to our first Weekly Debriefing, where we go over the major changes that have occurred on Acepedia over the past week!
This is a new blog series I thought of a few days ago and wanted to try out. A lot happens on this wiki—new information is discovered, articles are standardized, new features are implemented—and I figured having a weekly summary of the prior week's events would be a helpful tool for the community.
This isn't like Blog:Acepedia Updates, which I'll continue to update when we have major developments as they occur. Instead, this is just like a debriefing; everything's happened already, and these posts will sum them up.
Without further ado, here's what's been going on at Acepedia over the last seven days:
- Fandom began testing a new page header layout! This is a Fandom-wide change that will occur in the near future, so this test is taking place on a select number of wikis to gather feedback for further development. Click here to leave your feedback!
- In lieu of the page header test, we've started to add interlanguage links to Russian versions of Acepedia articles. Massive thanks to User:Volzhanin, who has been working on updating the Russian Acepedia!
- I've applied a massive update to the Monobook skin! It's still deprecated, so there are still plenty of bugs that may not ever be fixed, but the layout looks much closer to Wikipedia's and I've solved some glaring Main Page bugs. Thanks to the Pseudo-Vector modification on the Dev Wiki and its developers! (Fun fact: my last major update to Acepedia's Monobook skin was in November 2013!)
- I remade the SDBM, Strategic Orbital Linear Gun, and Ace Combat 04: Shattered Skies/Aircraft articles, and created the Spring Sea Treaty article, thanks to re-translations of their sources. Most notable is how the SDBM was planned to be carried on the ADLER, and when and why the SOLG was initially developed.
- User:DoubleDelta One published a blog post detailing how to get set up with emulation on most of the Ace Combat games. Click here to read it!
- User:Qbicle has been remaking many of our special weapon articles, standardizing their formats and adding lots of missing information. As part of this, we finally fixed the disparity between our various Unguided Bomb articles. User:Shayanomer, DoubleDelta One, and I have helped out, but Q's been leading the charge on this front. Thanks, Q!
- Shayanomer and I have started to standardize the format of Ace Combat Infinity aircraft skin galleries into a nested tabber format (as well as updating some of the skin acquisition requirements). See ADF-01 FALKEN for an example on how this looks. We've still got a lot more aircraft articles to fix, though!
- As a community, we decided to rename "uncut" to "Japan" in all use cases related to the Japanese version of Ace Combat 3: Electrosphere. We also decided to keep "export" for international versions of AC3.
- User:Northern Rain has been helping to expand many of our Ace Combat 3 mission articles, adding missing information, infoboxes, and navboxes, as well as fixing article names. Thanks for the AC3 assistance, Northern Rain!
- DoubleDelta One and Shayanomer have been hard at work uploading a huge number of new images from older games and adding them to the correct pages, respectively. Props to both users for helping to expand our visual content, especially DoubleDelta One for taking so many helpful screenshots!
- And finally, I've stripped Template:Notice of all box-like formatting. It now displays similarly to Wikipedia hatnotes.
Whew, this week was a busy one indeed. Thanks again to everyone mentioned here, as well as the rest of the community, for all of your work in continuing to improve and expand Acepedia!