V1 was a tactical nuclear weapon developed by the Belkan Federation. It is the only nuclear weapon known to be successfully used in Strangereal, when Belka detonated seven V1s in its own territory in a last-ditch effort to end the Belkan War.
Following the events of the Circum-Pacific War, it is currently believed that all V1s in existence were detonated, dismantled, or buried.
The V1 incident resulted in an immediate ceasefire, and on June 20, the Belkan War officially ended. As part of the peace accords, Belka's interim government sealed its remaining V1 arsenal within the Yering Mine facility beneath Mount Schirm.
Fifteen years later, during the Circum-Pacific War, the Grey Men began excavation efforts at the mine in order to procure the V1 warheads. At least two functional warheads were removed before the mine was permanently sealed by Razgriz Squadron on December 12, 2010.
A third V1 was mentioned by Gründer Industries as a bargaining chip to receive aid from pro-war supporters during the siege of Sudentor, North Osea on December 30; however, it is not known if this third V1 actually existed.
As an implosion-type nuclear warhead, the V1 generated a fission reaction by compressing the unstable, radioactive isotope within its core and bringing it to critical mass; the resulting explosion was roughly equivalent to several hundred kilotons of TNT. The V1 was designed to be a tactical nuclear weapon: it was compact, lacked self-contained propulsion systems, and relied on friendly aircraft or vehicles to deliver it to its target.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Ghosts of Razgriz, Ace Combat 5: The Unsung War.
- ↑ The Stage of Apocalypse, Ace Combat Zero: The Belkan War.
- ↑ Cutscene 09, Ace Combat Zero: The Belkan War.
- ↑ The Final Overture, Ace Combat Zero: The Belkan War.
- ↑ Closure, Ace Combat 5: The Unsung War.
- ↑ White Bird (Part II), Ace Combat 5: The Unsung War.
- ↑ ACES, Ace Combat 5: The Unsung War.
- ↑ Cutscene 20, Ace Combat 5: The Unsung War.